39

Julia Michaels - Heaven

Rory stood in front of the full body mirror in the master bedroom. In a skin tight lilac gown falling straight to the floor. Her blonde hair, straighten, was pulled back into a roll with a few loose strands framing her face. Hours ago, she looked so childish: too young to be a wife of a billionaire.

Now, she looked like a woman.

The longer she stared at her reflection the more she felt too over the top. It was just a date at a restaurant in the city. Yet, he insisted this was what she needed to wear. He even brought in stylists for her hair and makeup.

"You look beautiful." He complimented. Tracing her bare arms with his fingers.

"Where are we going?"

She still had no clue why she was so dress up. She loved the dress but it wasn't the type of dress a girl would wear on a date. Even to a simply restaurant date.

"A world class chef is in town and he sent us an invitation." He told her with prideful smile. "They'll be a lot of important families attending and my wife deserved to be looked up on by those people."

Gideon, drinking in her beauty, wanted people to worship her because she deserved no less. She was Rory Torres, the wife of the man ruling South America.

Rory blushed harshly at this statement. Words that caused her pulse to race. What was he doing to her?

He pecked the top of her shoulders and along her the side of her neck. In the mirror, Rory zoned in on the fading scar that was Gideon's name. The dress was hanging from her shoulders by a thin strap. Exposing her most shameful secret.

It was still visible and a reminder of something awful. She could still feel it even now, the feel of the sharp edges of the blade dragging along her skin.

His dark eyes flickered to the mirror, catching her grazing the scar with her fingertips. Those eyes harden and spun her around by the waist. He didn't say anything nor did he showed any regret for what he did to her.

"I got you a present." He whispered. Behind his back and he held a square velvet box. "Open it."

She took the box from his hold and unclasped the front. Her breath was stuck in her throat at the dazzling piece of art shining in her face. A necklace made from brilliant diamonds cut in a pear shape with one big piece dangling at the centre. It glistened in the light ensuring that it was meant to capture attention.

Gideon took the piece from the box and clasped it around her neck where it sat perfectly.

"Look at that." He praised. "It is exactly where it belongs."

Dipping his head, he placed his lips against hers making sure to be careful so that her makeup was not ruined. Drawing back, he softly caressed her rosy cheeks with his thumb; he was so enamoured.

After admiring every nook and cranny of his wife, Gideon led her to the drive way where their car - a black limousine - awaited.

"I'm nervous." She told him, quietly.

For four long years - Rory realised - she had never been around many people. Being locked away from the prying eyes of her stepmother's upperclass circle meant she never mingled a lot with kids her age. She was confined in her room watched by the staff when they attended a gala held by one of her father's friends; without her.

She was too much of a liability; a threat to their status. Which meant she was never taught the etiquettes of the upperclass.

The moment they reached the restaurant - a sleek and modern building with high black brass windows and red carpet entrance - Rory clung onto Gideon's arms. She tried to recall the last time she was in a social situation where people would be looking at her.