60

Taylor Swift - Illicit Affairs

Drenched to the bone, Rory, out of breath, exhausted and cold, stared at the two vehicles pulling into a stop in front of them. The beams blinded their eyes.

She could feel Cielo gasping and her arms tighten around Rory's neck; holding on for dear life.

They had come this far; made it so far that the mansion had disappeared from their view.

But they couldn't beat a vehicle on foot.

The door opened and Rory inhaled sharply. Who was it going to be? Cristian? Luciana?

Rory's bottom lip trembled in fear. Either one of them would rip this baby out of her and leave it dying on the side of this road. Oh god, she thought, what had she done?

In the darkness, she saw only an outline of the shadow approaching them. Male, tall and broad with the a gun in his hand.

He stepped in between the glare of the headlights and Rory let out a cry.

A cry of relief.

"Sebastian!" Cielo called out.

She wiggled from Rory's grasp and onto her two little feet. Cielo leaped into Sebastian's arms holding onto him for dear life.

"You're supposed to be dead" Rory gulped. "How are you here? Are you real?"

Squared jaw, brown hair and eyes to match. He looked immaculate despite the rain. There was an explosive, she recalled. If he had survived, the scars would be a remainder. But nothing tainted his taunt skin.

"It wasn't us in that explosion" he said nonchalantly. "Now get in the car, the rain e going to stop anytime soon."

"Gideon?"

Sebastian's jaw tightened, "he's waiting back at the mansion."

He was alive. Her heart pounded uncontrollably at the thought. He was alive and he was waiting for her even after everything she had done. The troubles she must've caused him.

One slow and unsteady step at a time, Rory entered the car with Sebastian. A blanket was thrown around her and the a/c in the car was on full blast. Yet, her cheeks were still dampen with tears.

Tears of joy? Or fear? She didn't know and she didn't care because if Gideon was near, it meant she had been saved. No more torment from Luciana or Cristian.

When the car pulled into the mansion, a scene of terror awaited them. Gideon's men lined the courtyard; several trucks and cars parked in rows and the mansion staffed all kneeling with their wrist tied.

They were lined up as if they were waiting for their execution.

"He's not going to kill them all is he?" She asked fearfully. "The staff didn't treat us badly, I promise."

"It's up to Gideon to decide." Sebastian said, "Come, he should be done now."

She followed him into the mansion and expected to see it, at least, trashed. Bullet holes here and there and pools of blood.  But, it was particularly unsoiled.

Sebastian paused. His body was partially facing her - he nodded at the opened door, "he's in there."

Rory approached the door and clutched her stomach. Bile burned her throat at sight of blood mixed in with chipped bone pieces and mushed flesh.

Green eyes locked on Gideon's massive back. He pushed himself off Cristian's body and slowly turned to face her.

Red streaks of blood painted his gorgeous face. The sound of her heart galloping in her chest drowned out the chaos among them. Her eyes seemed to only see him, tunnel visioned only on him.