43| Severing Threads

『ARC FOUR: A BUTTERFLY'S DEDUCTION』

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Junpei is fairly certain that Junri tried her best at everything she did. Even now that her morals were thrown all over the place. Somehow, he figured that she tried to make sense of her reality although it was twisted and warped into one that made sense to her. Although he was a child himself, he was certain that she, in a way, was still a child.

From the small amount of time he had ventured outside of their home, he learned and acknowledged the fact that Quirks were not gifts given to people or dolls. Some may be resourceful and bring joy, but others just bring misery. Prime examples are Junri's and the twins' Quirk.

Imagine being bestowed with a power that you could not comprehend but was praised by others anyway. Even if you could not understand it, you kept up the facade of you knowing everything about it. Junri's Quirk was strong, almost too powerful in a sense that it seemed like it would be impossible to stop someone such as herself. How do you fight something that cannot be seen by the naked eye? How do you defeat something that you never even knew existed in the first place? All she had to do was change your perception and those worried thoughts never existed in the first place.

If you asked Junpei how to get rid of Junri in terms of power, it was a simple answer. You could not. How do you counter a Quirk such as that? But if you decided to go with a mental route, it was quite easy. The woman's mental and emotional state was fragile. As if you had a glass cup with cracks running through its form and a steady flow of water was poured into it. Either the glass overflowed or the pressure would force the fractures to break even further. Both of these options were not any good.

Tenacious yet feeble was the best way to describe the golden-eyed woman.

To put it in simpler terms, it felt like Junri was a prisoner of her own person rather than being enslaved by someone else. Like she wanted it that way too. She chose to stay with Namiko by her own free will despite her disgust surrounding the situation. She said she is clinging to her own ideals of ridding those with power but allowed herself to be played. She was the master who pulled the strings but at times those threads would wrap around her joints and play her like a marionette.

Junri did as she was told but still withheld herself from committing any acts that would truly define her as a Villain. For one, she stated that she has not killed anyone with her own two hands. Well, she has gotten rid of her own dolls with her own hands but she took it as throwing away an old toy rather than a human. Normal people are not forged with a crane and doll. Her entire moral base was just broken. And she herself? Perhaps it would be best to say she was just as shattered.

While on the other hand, the twins were forced into a state of sorrow. A curse was a better term rather than a Quirk. Eyes crafted into a lovely gradient, skin as smooth as porcelain, and carved into the epitome of beauty. Appearing as if they were delicate statues yet it was so easy to create a fracture within elegance. The crisp white bandages hid the worst of the cracks running across their arms like a silk web but Junpei did not need his butterflies to tell him what was in plain sight.