Ch.17

Ch.17

It was freezing out. The streets were covered in ice and snow and the sky was still allowing more to fall down onto the city. It looked like a coat of white paint had been sprayed over everything in sight.

Some people looked happy about this, like all the younger kids who were happily throwing snow at each other, or the young couple sipping hot drinks together on a bench. As for him though... he wasn't a fan of winter.

Winter was never a holiday he enjoyed, but alas it always came around no matter how many times Amajiki wished he would wake up one day to discover he had hibernated the season away.

The only good thing about winter was that you would need to put on more clothes and thus, he could hide better from lingering gazes. That was what he was doing at this current moment. He had gotten a particular craving for a dish and so Amajiki had prepared himself in both attire and mentality before he went out.

The city was as busy as always, but at least everyone was trying to get around quickly and out of the snow, so Amajiki didn't have to worry too much about people staring at him. He was nearly at the shop he was heading towards. His stomach growled loudly, but not as loud as his ringtone.

Amajiki sighed, seeing as he'd need to pause in his journey. He moved towards an alley and away from the crowds of people rushing by him. It was quiet and empty here, so he'd be able to focus a lot better here.

"H-hello?"

"Tamaki!!"

Amajiki had to pull his phone away from his ear. Nejire's loud voice made him jump and he took a second until he was ready to put his ear back and see what she wanted. As he did so it appeared that Nejire had been talking the entire time, unaware that Amajiki had not been listening to her.

"Please!!" Nejire's tone was begging.

"U-Um... could you repeat all that." Amajiki admitted with embarrassment. "I wasn't paying much attention because you scared me w-with a-all the l-lo-loud noise..."

"Tamaki!" Nejire whined but immediately started to repeat herself.

"Mizu is gone!"

Amajiki's eyes widened. "W-what?"

"I wanted to take her out for ice cream because it tastes better when it snows and she wanted something sweet! So we went out and everything was fine, but then we got to the shop and it was crowded so I told her to wait outside for me and I would go in and grab her ice cream because I'm her best friend and know her preferences! So I got the ice cream and went back outside... but Mizu wasn't there?! She was here with me one second and now she's not here at all!" Nejire's voice was desperately speaking rapidly and she sounded on the verge of her own breakdown. "Get on the location-sharing app now!!"

With her angered voice and tone, Amajiki fumbled to the app right away. The screen pulled up and displayed four colored dots. As he gazed down at the dots, he noticed how the blue and yellow ones were closer to one another than any of the other ones.

The yellow one was moving quickly and further away from the green one. Amajiki knew instantly why Nejire had called him and what she was about to tell him he needed to do.

"You are the closest one!" Nejire told him, her voice coming through loud and clear despite how Amajiki did not have the speaker on. "Please! Go find her and make sure she'd okay!!"

Amajiki gulped and nodded. He realized a moment later though that Nejire would not be able to see that.

"I-I'll go and find her!!" Amajiki spoke as loudly as he could and felt those nerves of his flare-up.