3

--<3--

--<3--

Evelyn arrived home after a long day at work. Her body was sore after all sitting, and her mind was overflowing with hatred for detective Wilson. He had gone on her nerves ever since he understood that she would stay on the case. The only good thing from the day was how she handled the bikers. Evelyn knew things would have been easier without Wilson, but from her point of view, she did really well. Even so good that she was going to treat herself to a glass of wine. She took off her working uniform and threw it in her laundry basket. She put on loose pants and a hoodie and walked over to her clean kitchen. She took down the wine glass and took one of the wines she had, and slowly started to pour generously.

She walked over to her sofa and put the tv on to see if something entertaining was on. After zapping for a few minutes she ended up looking at MTV. While listening to the music, she closed her eyes sipping the wine. She felt lust travel through her as her body wanted to dance. When she decided to become a police officer she had less and less time to dance, and nowadays she only danced a few times a month and mostly at home.

Feeling the liquid courage, she stood up and walked over to her entrance to take the shoes she used as a lucky charm every time she walked out of the door. She slowly put them on. She knew that stretching was an important step, so as she did that, she sipped on her wine and enjoyed the music.

When she felt ready to move around her small apartment she stood up on her toes testing things out. When it felt okay, she breathed out as she always had done, closed her eyes, and felt the music go through her body. She let the music choose her next move and the step after that. She felt the energy go through her as her body did the moves it had been through for so many years. Her body bent and swayed like the wind had taken control over him, the spins were almost as perfect as they had been when she quit her dream. A picture of an audience in front of her made everything change, Evelyn's heart beat faster as she imagined her dancing on a big stage in new york, maybe even Paris. In the beginning, it felt nice but as she slowly made out everyone in the audience she saw only one face, her dead mother looking up with her lifeless eyes.

With a thud, Evelyn fell to the floor after stepping wrong, her body was shaking in fright. She opened her eyes and breath fastly as the panic attack was over her again.

"For god's sake, Evelyn, it's not real," She whispered to herself as she tried to get out the picture of her dead mother from her head. The memories washed over her. Her mother standing in the kitchen in Evelyn's childhood home cooking, Evelyn had been seated by the dinner table. Suddenly some guys rushed in with knives and pistols up high. Evelyn's mom had screamed at her daughter to hide, and Evelyn couldn't do anything other than listen to her mother. She had been sitting in the closet for what felt like days before she finally felt the courage to sneak out. When she came back to the kitchen everything was destroyed, her mom was laying on the floor together with a large pool of her own blood around her. The food was spilt over her, and everything of worth was a goon.