New Day, New Life...sort of

*A week after moving in*

Izaya's POV

It took forever for me to put everything away especially by myself. The others offered to help but there's some things I need to hide that I'd rather they have to see me pulling up floor boards to put a single file there. They wouldn't have cared but it's the principal of it all.
Anyway everything's set up an my apartment is completely done be reorganized. The only this left is for my new assistant to arrive, he's a male in his mid 20s, decent hight, an seems to like the color green. How I was able to get him was actually through Shiki-san. He said he met the man one of the times some got the jump in him an stabbed him with a poisonous knife an left him there to die, Len. The name of the man who saved practically saved Shiki-san's life, just because he enjoys studying poison's an just so happened to have the cure for that certain one. But then again that was years ago an if Shiki trust him I'll gladly have him in my house because he'll Shiki-san doesn't even trust me.... Yes, it's warrented, I'm known for being able to trust my information not my words. But hey what can you do~.

*Knock knock knock*

Ah there he is.

"Just a second, I'll be there soon~"

I go an open the door for my new assistant.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you Orihara-san"

Ah this one's more....stoic then I was expecting. No big deal I can change that quickly.

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine~ An please just call me Izaya, you'll get tired calling me 'Orihara-san' all the time~"

Len looked at me with eyes of suspicion, what exactly did Shiki say anyone me to this little shit??

"Alright Izaya, where will I be working"

"Hm, right over there at the white desk, I gave you the basics, computer, a list of how I generally want everything organized. An as always what happens in this apartment stays in this apartment unless said otherwise, understand~"
I started off nice a sweet then ended in a highly threatening tone.

"No problem."

As expected as someone who was by Shiki-san he's barely bothered by my warning...hm I think I could get used to him.

*Three days later*

Len has been quit reliable, like any human he has his strengths and weaknesses, he doesn't really know how to hold conversation, but he doesn't try to poison me like Namie did, plus he hasn't demanded an raise for doing such, I still gave it to him anyway. I've met his sister an she's very ... flirtatious...his sister is not aloud to come near me of my apartment again unless she wants to lose a finger if that explains enough of the situation.

"Orihara, you last appointment of the day cancelled."

"Really?~ Well I don't have anything else for you to do today you can leave early.~"

"Thank you sir."

He collects his things a leaves quietly.

......my throats sore but I still want a cigarette...but the ones I keep getting just taste...ugh I want the burn not the taste.

I decide to take a walk to get some anyway. Like usually I take twist a turns throughout the alley I still need to get used to Kita, I'm still figuring out new routes and short cuts, an places to absolutely avoid.
I'm not walking for long when it starts to rain, I see an alley way with a emergency stare way that should be good shelter even if it's just temporary.