Chapter Fifteen: POV Alicia

Thursday: Day 9

"I used to lie in bed in my flat and imagine what would happen if there was a zombie attack."

                       - Simon Pegg

It had been three days since leaving Abby's house with Karlee. After having rested in the tree we climbed in the woods, we headed to my house and stayed there till now. During our stay there I explained my gas station plan and everyone agreed that we would need more people.

Everyone had split up on Wednesday and searched for people still in Holiday Acres, my home. There weren't many people we could find who were still sane but we did manage to get an old man, a woman who looked like Godzilla, and a small boy. The boy and the old man would not be very much help in hard work so we left them behind as we journeyed to the gas station.

"So who's going to be the bait," the Godzilla looking woman asked.

"I'll do it, I am quick so I'll be fine," Jake volunteered.

As we walked down to the bottom of Holiday Acres we discussed what everyone was going to do and where everyone was going to take position. I was in charge of telling everyone when it was time to blow them up. I'd say that was a pretty awesome job.

Godzilla woman had to make sure there was gas spread across the ground and Josh plus my Dad were in charge of setting the gas on fire. It was a good plan, though it wouldn't solve much, it would get rid of some of them so there weren't as many to worry about in this area.

As we put the plan in action Jake left to gather as many of them that he could. The only thing everyone else could do was wait and hope no accident occured. After all of this was done, what we would do was unknown. This whole Zombie Apocolypse thing, no one was prepared for it. It used to be just a story that everyone joked about, not anymore though.

After what seemed like forever, Jake came running for his life towards us. Everyone got ready and I was just waiting till he reached a safe place when I realized, his arm was bloody.

I completely forgot about everything at that moment and stood up from my spot.

"Jake! Your arm! What happened to your arm!" I screamed.

"I'm fine , just go on with the plan!" He yelled back.

I clenched my fists and went back to reality, soon he was at that marked place and I was yelling out the signal. In that moment the fire was blazing and I could feel it's heat from where I was at.

The fire's roar was uncontrolling and deafening. They crumbled as they walked straight into it, attracted to it's sound. I looked around to see where everyone else was and saw Jake on the ground, unmoving.

I ran as fast as I could, "damnit," I cursed under my breath.

"What happened!" I asked him as I got to where he was.

"Even a ninja can be overwhelmed when faced with too many enemies, haha," he said and laughed.

I stared at his arm, trying to make out what under the blood looked like, whether it was a weapon wound or something, anything other than a bite mark. My hopes were useless, it was, he got bitten. That was it, he was going to die and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

Damnit! What the hell, Jake!” I yelled as I stared at the ground.

The last thing I ever wanted was to lose anyone in my family.

“What the? What's happening over here?” Josh came running over followed by our Dad.

“He's been bitten,” I said as I moved away from him.

Soon everyone was swarming around him, they were all in shock. Of course something bad had to happen, right? Just like in the movies, someone tries to be a hero and ends up dead in the end, people mourn and then they get on with their lives, right? Right, right, right, right?

I punched the ground and swore to myself, I was going to kill whoever was responsible for this.