Chapter Thirty: Intimate

Bellona

I had had lovers in the past. Quick, easy, bland boys who would suffice for the release and nothing else.

Not Amo. Definitely not Amo. When I was done with those boys and we separated, I did not think of my experience with them any longer. I didn't still feel their hands on me when there clearly was nobody there, their voice by my ear when I was all alone, and the effects of my high still wavering after I finished. I felt them all with Amo.

And I felt, even more, when he gave me that dazzling grin. Oh, God, I wanted nothing more than to snap a picture of that so I could keep the polaroid close to me and every time I would look down at it, I would feel exactly how I felt that moment as he hovered over me, a grin plastered wide on his face.

He shook his head. "Goodness," he sighed, his smile receding.

I almost reached up to pull it back. I did. I leaned up and grabbed his face, startling him. "What are you doing?"

"Your smile," I said, searching his face. "It's gone."

He gave one, but it wasn't the same one. I shook my head. "No. Your other one."

He raised a brow, confused. I huffed out an annoyed breath. "Nevermind." I let my hands fall from his face and tried to stand but something pulled at me. I clutched my body, eyes darting back up at Amo to see him smiling. "Soreness? This quickly?"

He nodded, then got close to my face like he always did, his breath whispering kisses against my lips. "It is when I'm the one touching you."

I hummed, pleased with that. "I could get used to this."

He laughed, pulling back and helping me up to a sitting position. "Good, cause I will be doing this a lot more."

That caused something to flutter in my stomach. Anticipation and excitement. When had this happened? I was so used to our bickering and shoving, now all of a sudden we were this? How far would this go? How far did I want it to go?

I shifted to get up from the bed and get my shirt, but Amo reached down and fetched it for me. He stood and handed it to me, eyes looking as if they were deep in thought. I took the shirt from him and pulled it over my head when he spoke. "We have a few hours before our break day is over, what do you say we get for dinner?"

I adjusted the fabric on me and looked up at him. I raised a brow, trying to hide my amused smile. "Are you asking me out?"

That made him smile. "Depends on your answer."

I leaned back, making it a point for my shirt to ride up a bit. He didn't miss that and his eyes came to me full of surprise and mirth.

"I think going outside is dangerous right now."

He nodded. "We don't have to go outside."

"So, we call food in?"

He shrugged, placing a knee on the bed and shifting his weight so it rested mostly on that leg. He brought his hand up absently and I didn't think he noticed that his fingers were hovering over my lips. He pushed them back into my hair and that one simple movement caused me to push myself up the bed and away from his touch. No. Too close.

Something flickered across his face but the reaction was gone before I could pinpoint it. He shoved his hands into his pockets and looked away. "We can get food. Watch a movie here. Whatever you want."

He said that all as if that were such a normal thing to say. Wasn't it? It should have been but between us, something like that was too much. Too much too soon, I couldn't let that happen. I sat up from the bed, eyes on him even though his attention was on the lightbulb behind my head as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. "Amo?"