Chapter Forty-Eight: Golden

Bellona

I yanked over my suitcase and started packing. Minnesota. We needed to go immediately.

"I want men from each mafia with us when we go," I heard Amo say into his phone in his room. "Santiago, we will get revenge, but we mustn't go too quickly. We need to plan everything through—yes, I know about Mrs. Camilla Ricci. Understand, Mr. Ricci, just–"

I huffed out a sigh and made my way to his room. I knocked on his door harshly. He opened a small crack and I shoved my arm through the gap, grabbed his phone, and brought it to my ear. "People have died, people have been injured, respect has been lost but we will get it all back. We are forming a unit to go into St. Paul and attack by going to the centre and diminishing the core. Yes, the plan is to kill Adrian Morales." A pause. "And his son."

Amo gave me a weird look as I wrapped up the call, ended it, and gave it to him. He took it, eyes on me. "Kill Roberto Morales?"

I made a face. "Roberto? I thought it was Robert."

"Roberto. That's the person who you have revenge to settle with?" A sinister smile came to his face. "Two for one family wipe-out."

"That's a dark way to see this, but yes, I have a vendetta to complete. Against him." My fingers itched to touch my pendant hidden under my shirt but I fought the urge. "And you? Adrian?"

He exited his room and closed the door behind him. "Something like that." He passed by me and headed for the gym. "I'm going to let out some steam." He looked over his shoulder. "We still have that match we promised each other."

I headed toward him. "You won't be able to keep up." I went through the door and snatched the wraps on the counter and began wrapping my fists. "See if you can hold yourself up, Soniya."

He closed the door and, with a smirk, started wrapping his own hands. Gloves and mouth guards were on and we were in the center of the large mat in the room. I shifted my weight from foot to foot, rotating my shoulders. "When are we going to St, Paul?" I was used to talking with the rubber around my teeth so my words were more clear.

Amo rolled his neck and twisted his body from side to side. "In a matter of a few days. I want supplies and men accounted for before we head out. We'll be in Minnesota no later than by the end of the week." Seemed like he was used to it too.

I brought my fists up to my face and lightly brushed my cheeks with my gloved knuckles, eyes on him. "So we go in, let our men disperse to locate Adrian and Roberto, and then kill?"

Amo placed his dominant leg back and shifted his weight from the balls of his feet. "Adrian is mine."

"Roberto's mine." I shuffled forward and nailed a solid punch to Amo's gut, making him suck in a breath.

He grinned. "I forgot this is your specialty." I rolled under his hook and went to give him a hook to his face, but he slipped, pivoted, and then gave me a strong uppercut to the chin.

I shook my head, backing up. "You're kind of weak."

"I don't want to hurt you."

"Funny." I slipped his next attack and rolled under his second. "How big is St. Paul?"

He pivoted. "It's not about how big it is, it's about where our focal point should be and how guarded that area is."

I managed to slip in a cross to his face which made his head rear back a bit. He squeezed his eyes shut and then I remembered about his head. I dropped my guard, took off my gloves and went to reach for his face. "Shit, I forgot." I wiped the blood coming from his nose. "Are you okay?"