chapter 1

y/n's pov

i lay at my desk, my arms folded with me head against them, letting myself disappear into my thoughts. waiting for the bell to ring to allow us to leave and begin our summer. 

2:56

school always seemed to go on forever but since it was the last day it was 10 times worse. i watched the second hand tick round, stopping at each line.

my focus was broken by jj throwing a pencil at me, hitting me in the side of the head "it'll go slower if you keep looking" he whispered. 

i rolled my eyes and tucked my head into my arms so my forehead was resting on the cold laminated wood of the desk. 

the bell eventually rang and we all ran out, climbing into john b's van. 

john b drove since its technically his car but we both share it since we're twins. 

sat beside him was kiara, my best friend. 

then in the back pope sat on one side with his legs stretched out in front of him. 

jj sat opposite me, rolling a joint. 

after about a 10 minute journey we were back at mine and john b's house. we all mostly hung out here, since 50% of us lived here. jj usually stayed over since his dad is an asshole. so he makes up 10%. 

we all sat down on the front porch. kiara sat on the arm of one of the chairs, with john be in the chair. and jj and pope sat at either end of the other sofa, while i laid over both of them. 

"so for tonight what's happening?" kiara asked, looking between us all. 

"jj and i have got the kegs you lot just have to go and tell people to show up." john be said.

after i took a puff from the joint jj handed me i asked, "why do we have to do that?" 

"because for some reason people do what you ask most of the time." john b said rolling his eyes, looking at kiara and i. 

i look up at jj, "it's because you're hot" jj grinned, blowing smoke at me. 

"can't argue with that" i grinned back. kiara got up and offered me a hand, i took it and rolled off the sofa. "no pogue on pogue remember" she grinned at me. i laughed at the pure idea of it and nudged her away as we walked onto the street. 

we got to the beach and figured we could spread the word here and the rest would take care of it's self. kiara was already in shorts and a bikini top. i had a white shirt covering my top half still on from school. i unbuttoned it and took my hair out of its messy bun, letting it fall into its messy curls. 

after about 40 minuets we lay down on the sand, we talked for a while until the guys came to join us. they lay their surfboards down beside us and sat down. "did you bring ours?" kiara asked, lifting her hand to shield her eyes from the sun. "no" john b said, lifting her over his shoulder and carrying her into the water. "you think they like each other?" pope asked, watching after them. "does it matter, no pogue on pogue remember" jj said, staring at the ground. 

"what's you're problem?" pope asked. jj didn't answer, but i noticed him glance at me and then to a group of guys not to far away from us that were looking over at me. "oh" pope laughed. 

jj shot him a death stare. "right. well i'm taking john b's board." i said, trying to change the subject. i stood up and threw my shirt onto the sand where i was sat and then pulled down my shorts so i was left in only my bikini. "are you coming jj?" i grinned down at him, noticing his inability to take his eyes of me. his eyes widened, "am i- what?" he stammered.