Chapter 4

jj's pov

for the last few days y/n had been avoiding me. at first i tried not to think to much into it but every time we're left alone she comes up with some stupid reason to leave. i didn't know if i should say anything since i didn't particularly know if i actually wanted to hear the reason.

john b and i were sat on the sofa eating breakfast when she walked past. she was wearing her usual shorts and a bikini. "there's breakfast on the table" john b said to her.

"you mean the cornflakes and milk you've obviously spilt and couldn't be bothered to clean up?" she said, in her usual sarcastic tone.

"exactly" john b grinned at her, turning back to the tv. i got up and put my bowl in the sink. she had began cleaning the table, i placed a hand on hers "i'll do this don't worry" she quickly moved away, "i've got it" she smiled, being carful to not look in my eyes, or to my face, or in any direction towards me. this is getting weird. i leant on the kitchen counter and she looked up at me for a second, and then at the counter. she walked away and leant on the sofa, "i'm going out, i'll probably be back late so don't wait up." she paused "either of you"

"don't worry about that, i need my beauty sleep anyway" john b grinned.

i coughed a little to get her attention, "where are you going?" i asked.

"out" she repeated, and then left.

after a few hours passed, john b and i had just been hanging out and i hadn't heard from y/n.

"dude, aren't you more interested as to where she keeps disappearing to?" i ask sitting back down next to join b.

"not really, why? you think i should be?" he askes with a mouthful of cereal.

"well her and that guy are getting close, i assumed you'd be more protective."

"she's seeing a guy?!" he asked. "What guy?"

"Some dickhead that she spoke to at a party" i shrugged. he got up, placing his bowl in the coffee table.

"why are you still sitting there come on" he said, walking out the door. i followed behind him, smiling to myself.

we drove to kie's house first. her parents didn't like us much. they liked pope and y/n just not us. so we threw a few stones at her window until she opened it. "what do you want?" she shouted down at us. "where's y/n?" john b shouted back.

she laughed, shaking her head at us, "i'm under strict instructions not to tell either of you. sorry." she grinned before closing her window. we look at each other, "oh he has a boat" i say, trying to sound unbothered so he wouldn't be suspicious. if there even was anything to be suspicious about. "and the mission continues" john b grins, climbing back into he van.

we drove back to his place and got into the boat. we had sailed around for a good 30 minuets until we saw a boat that looked like the one i had seen him driving. we pulled up next to it. the boat looked empty, then someone climbed back onto it. george stood the grabbing a towel and drying his face, "can i help you?" he asked, looking between us.

"have you seen y/n?" i asked. his expression didn't change but he turned around and offered a hand to someone. y/n climbed back onto the boat, soaking wet. john b said something to her but i wasn't listening my eyes were fixed to her body. she had water running down her neck and over her boobs. she ran her hands over her wet hair, lifting her head to reveal her neck. all i could think about was pulling her towards me and kissing her neck, and her boobs and down her body until- i was broke out of my thoughts when i noticed george glaring at me. obviously he noticed me checking her out. "y/n we've got to go it's an emergency" john b said.

"asshole" she mumbled, then turned to george "i'll call you later, i'm really sorry."

"it's fine don't worry. hope everything is okay." he smiled at her, before glancing at me to make sure i was watching, then pulled her in by the waist, kissing her. what an asshole.

she kissed him back for a second, them climbed onto our boat

she kissed him back for a second, them climbed onto our boat. john b stared at her with wide eyes and his eyebrows raised disapprovingly. i watched her sit down beside me.

once we were back at the house she jumped out and went inside as quick as possible. john b followed her inside, i followed behind a little.

"what's your problem?" she asked john b, clearly annoyed. at that moment pope arrived.              "i don't have a problem, but i think you should've told me you were going out with a guy alone."

"so what" she laughed a little, her anger mixed with odd sense of humour was oddly making me more attracted to her. "kie knew where i was if anything happened, plus we all know it's not exactly my first experience with a guy, also i'm older than you. and finally it's none of your business." john b stood the in the door way, unable to think of anything to say. "right, well now that you're finished, can i go or do i need permission?" he didn't answer but he did move to the side to let her past. pope and i pretended to look at the ceiling as to not draw attention to ourselves which most likely didn't work as well as we intended. she rolled her eyes at us and left.

the three of us hung out for a while until i got a text from y/n

y/n: tell me when john b goes to bed so i can come back.

me: where are you?

y/n: beach.

me: want company?

y/n: sure.

"ima head out i'll be back in a bit." i said, leaving before they could ask questions. i walked along the beach until i reached a secluded bit, y/n was laying on top of a large rock.

i sat beside her. she shuffled up so that her head was resting on my lap. she didn't speak so neither did i. after a few minuets i whispered, "what are you thinking about?"

"can't tell you" she whispered back.

"why" i asked, tucking her hair behind her ear. she looked up at me. "i can never tell what you're thinking" she sat up, and i watched her watch the waves roll in. she leant back on her arms, placing her hand beside mine, so that they were touching ever to slightly. neither of us moved. i didn't want to say anything in case it made her move away. her phone began to ring making us both jump. she picked up the phone, and took at far enough away that i couldn't hear.

when she came back she said "i think i'll sleep at george's tonight i'll probably come back early but yeah." i didn't want her to do that. i wanted her to say that she told george she wasn't interested in anything to do with him. i wanted to tell her how much better i was than him. but i didn't instead i just nodded and said "i'll see you tomorrow then" and then left.