Guest

Alex

"They fucking knew each other." I told myself. I was waiting for the girls to arrive at my place because we had some stuff to discuss. I was shocked to find out my dad was once friends with Mr. Henderson. It was obvious they weren't friends now, otherwise that dick wouldn't have manhandled me like that.

When I looked through the window, I could see Hope sitting by the fountain. I decided not to disturb her yet since she seemed to love that thing. I didn't like the fountain that much. It was too big and loud.

Sage arrived shortly after. She wasn't mesmerized like Hope. In fact, she seemed extremely uncomfortable. I wondered if the girl was insane when I noticed she wasn't wearing a coat. It was freezing, for fuck's sake.

With a sigh, I opened the front door and the two girls came inside. Madd wasn't joining us, she was still playing the foster child. I had to admire her balls. Sage had told us what had happened with her cat and now she willingly went into this dangerous situation. She was either incredibly stupid or very courageous.

Although, I think we'd all have done the same thing. Sage's story had shocked all of us and I think we were all willing to put ourselves out there to screw that twisted lady over. Women like her disgusted me to the core. They disgusted me more than the snobs at my school and that said a lot.

"Hey." Hope greeted me and Sage nodded, slowly taking in her environment.

"Hi." I said. "We should go to my room. Unless you want the big tour, Sage?" I asked.

"No, I'm good." She told me. The girl was so far out of her comfort zone, she couldn't even see it anymore.

A few minutes later, we were all seated on my bed.

"Alright, here's the deal." I told Sage. Hope already knew everything since she was there when I discovered the bromance between my teacher and my dad. I handed Sage a copy of the polaroid picture we'd found in his safe.

I explained everything to her briefly with a few sidenotes from Hope.

"So you guys think it's better if Hope gets a job at your school instead of being a student?" Sage asked after our explanation.

"What do you think?" Hope asked.

"If you could get a administrative job you could befriend him as an equal and you'd probably get access to all of the files, including his." Sage pondered. "But what about the revenge?"

"I don't know. Right now, I just wanna know what went down between my dad and him." I told them. I hadn't thought about revenge ever since I'd discovered that picture. Something had happened between the two of them and I was gonna find out what. If we'd find some blackmail material in the process it would be an amazing bonus though and I wouldn't hesitate using it against him.

"Reid could probably hack into the system and hire Hope, right?" Sage asked.

"Yeah, I already talked about it with her and she said she was willing to do it." Hope answered.

"Good, just give her the money I gave you." I told Hope. She still had the tuition money I gave her. Even though I knew she wouldn't be needing it right now, I wasn't planning on asking it back. If she wanted to return it, fine by me. If she wanted to keep it, I wouldn't object either.

"And buy some grown up clothes, like pencil skirts and other shit like that." I added. "Hang on." I said. Pat said he hated people like me, so he probably had a thing against rich people. Or maybe he was just talking about my last name. Although I had a suspicion that the friendship between my teacher and my dad probably ended because of money issues. My dad didn't have time for anything and his only 'friends' were people he did business with.