Chapter 20

Scott's P.O.V.

It took me about a week to settle down in this new place and it turned out that i really liked it. The kids were loud yes but it was so nice to have a room with a bed and my own clothes. It was so nice to get breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. And I got to phone call Mitch nearly everyday. I went to a new school and was in the same classes as Alex who showed me around.

I was sat on the couch in the game room, Alex next to me and Blaze sat in my lap. I was slowly plaiting one of her piggy tails like she had asked me.

"There you go, princess. Do you want me to do the next one?" I asked as I wrapped a hair band around the finished plait.

"Yes please, Scott. Did you know today in school that one of the boys came up to me and told me that he liked my dress?" She asked. I could hear the excitement in her voice at this.

"Really? Do you like him?" I asked. It fascinated me how the little things got her so happy.

"I think I do. He's one of the cool kids though. Do you have cool kids in your school?" She asked.

"Yeah. Don't take any notice of the cool kids. They just act like they're cool when really they are just photocopies of the same person over and over again. Being unique and being different. That's cool." I said, pulling the hair band around the base of her piggy tails.

I could feel eyes on me. Alex was staring. I turned my head and his eyes were glued to me. "Daydreamer! You wanna tell me what's so interesting about my face today that makes you stare?" I said, poking his side. He shook his head and blinked a couple times, trying to snap himself out of it.

"Sorry, you're just really cute." I felt my cheeks go red as Blaze hopped down from my lap and ran off to play. "With her, I mean." Alex corrected himself. I watched as Alex looked around the room, avoiding my eyes. His brown eyes were bright, they sparkled. I felt my mind begin to daze at the thought of kissing him.

"Scott!" I jumped hearing a call from the stairs. "Scott!" The voice said louder. I stood up shaking my head and feeling the thoughts blow away like clouds.

"What?" I shouted standing at the banister.

"You've a phone call. From that boy again." Sarah said looking at me from the bottom of the stairs. I felt my heart rate pick up and my hands become sweaty.

"Bring the phone here then." I said. She rolled her eyes and slumped up the stairs, handing me the phone. I smiled my thanks and she fake smiled back. I put the phone to my ear, sticking my tongue out, watching Sarah giggle.

"Hey." I said, turning and walking back to the game room. I fell down onto the couch.

"Hello, Scooter! How's my old friend?" I heard Mitch's voice come through on the other. It warmed me from the inside out and made my blood pump faster.

"Someone sounds happy today!" I said smiling. I felt Alex move on the couch next to me, seemingly uncomfortable.

"That's cause I'm talking to you." I heard him say. This made me beam. My heart racing.

"Aww, that's cute. Stop flirting with me or I'll have a heart attack." I giggled. Alex moved again, taking his Nintendo off of the table.

"A heart attack? We wouldn't want that would we? How's school?" He asked, changing the subject.

"I mean schools school. I did get into the choir though and I really want to work on that. The teachers are really nice too. Except for my history teacher. God, he's annoying."

"Can you blame him really? He is a history teacher!" Mitch said. I giggled.

Just then, Jake ran in, two nerf guns in hand. "Scott, Scott! Will you play with us? Pleeeeeaaaaase!" He begged, pulling on my arm.

"Who's that?" Mitch said laughing.

"Just Jake. I gotta go. There is a Nerf gun with my name on it right here." I said. I swear I hear him sigh on the other end.

"Okay. I'll talk to you tomorrow." Mitch whispered. Jake was pulling on my sleeve, his face desperate. I nodded at him, pushing him away from me.

"See ya! I miss you!" I said, holding Jake back as he tried to jump on me.

"I miss you too! Love you!" Mitch said, almost half heartedly.

"Love you too! Bye." I took the phone from my ear and hung up, grabbing Jake and lifting him into the air. He giggled, handing me the Nerf gun.

"Now Agent Jake where are the victims." I said, placing him on the floor. I turned to Alex who's face was buried in playing his Nintendo. "And is Agent Alex needed?" I added.

Jake looked past me at Alex and shook his head. "The victims are hiding all over the house. We need to catch the girls." Jake said in a deep voice and ran for the door. I ran after him and ready to shoot down the girls.

Mitch's P.O.V.

"Love you too! Bye." He said and hung up before I could say another word. I sighed placing my cell phone down on the bed.

That's how most of our phone conversations went lately. He would either get called away by one of the kids or for dinner or by Alex. He talked about Alex like the sun shined out of his backside too. 'He's musical and creative. He's so nice. I think you'd love him.' Scott told me. I could only imagine what he looked like. Probably the most beautiful guy ever. And he was the same age as Scott, not younger like me.

I had started talking to Kirstie more now that Scott had left. That sounds kind of mean. It sounds like she is a replacement but no she isn't. I have always been friends with her but we don't have many classes together. She is not a replacement.

I grabbed my jacket and ran down the stairs. "I'm going out." I called generally to the house and slammed the door before my parents could say anything.

I wished that Scott would come back but he seemed so happy. He always seemed happy when I talked to him but then again so did I. I seemed happy even though I was breaking inside.

Scott's P.O.V.

"Die, die. Pile on!" Sean and John shouted as I fell to the ground. I felt a huge pile of kids fall on top of me. Sean, John, Jake, Lily, Sarah and Blaze.

"Ahh! Help! I'm being crushed!" I giggled as they all held the guns to my head.

"Tell us where you hid the gold!" Blaze said, trying to hold back laughter.

"I don't know. I swear. It was Alex! Alex hid the gold! I can show you! I can help!" I pleaded with them. Blaze turned to the rest of the kids and they nodded.

So once they all got off of me I held my finger to my lip and crept up the stairs. I stopped at the game room door. "One, two, three." I whispered. And they ran. They screamed jumping on top of Alex. I could hear Alex's screams of pain, he was terrified.

"Guys! Did I say you could jump on him?" I said. Pulling Blaze and Jake off of him and into my arms. "I could weight lift you guys!" I giggled lifting them up and down. The others jumped off of Alex.

"Agents assemble!" I shouted, putting Jake and Blaze down on the ground. The others stood up and ran behind my back. "Mr Kirk, we know you are the one who hid the gold. Where did you hide it?" I demanded, moving closer to him. He looked confused for a second and then caught on to our game.

"I did no such thing." He denied. I dropped to my knees and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"Don't lie to me, boy." I threatened. Almost bursting out laughing.

"You scare me." He whispered, a smile on his face. I knew he was joking but it seemed to hit me. I looked down at my hand on his collar and slowly released it from my grip. I looked at how close our bodies were and then at the kids holding the Nerf guns.

I felt my mind flash to being pushed in a corner. My knees pulled up to my chest to protect my body and then a strike of pain across my legs. Another to my arm and then my face.

"Scott?" Alex snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked down at my hands in disgust. They were white and sweaty.

"Sorry." I whispered, standing up and running to my room. I fell down onto my bed. I ran my hand over my face and sighed. Even when I'm here He's still haunting me! I can't be anything like Him!