Chapter 31

Scott's P.O.V.

I woke up, extremely uncomfortable. My hand was touching the floor and my legs were cold. As I opened my eyes I realised that I was on Mitch's couch, my hand hanging over the side, my legs uncovered from the blankets. It was pretty early and the apartment was quiet, meaning neither Mitch nor his roommates were up.

I grabbed my phone which was on the coffee table. It was seven am. Why!? I also noticed that I had a couple of texts from Alex and a few Twitter mentions.

'Hey, I know you're probably asleep by now and I know I talked to Mitch but I wanted to make sure you got the message. I am really sorry. I guess my mind just got carried away. I hope your okay. I love you.' I immediately felt my stomach drop, thinking back to what happened last night.

That could not happen again. No, I am in love with Alex. I can't let Mitch get back into my head. I can't let his beautiful face and his vibrant eyes back in.... Although.... No Scott. You can't do that to Alex. He is amazing and beautiful and funny and you love him. Yeah, I love him.

I went into Twitter and went through my mentions. A couple people sharing our new video which Alex had obviously edited and uploaded last night. A few more replying to my last tweet and then two more. One from Alex and one from Mitch. I went to Mitch's first.

"Watching titanic and eating Mexican food with the bae tonight. @scotthoying." And attached was a selfie of the two of us, which I vaguely remembered taking. I went through the replies to that. "Awww." "So cute." "Scömíche." Were just some of the replies.

Mitch had quite a big following because he was in most of our daily vlogs and in some of our videos. He also uploaded music videos every once in a while to his own channel.

I then went to Alex's tweet. "I miss you boo! @scotthoying." My breathing hitched as I went through the replies. "Scolex!" "Where's Scott?" "Aww get home soon, Scott!" I rolled my eyes at some of the tweets from the people who expected Alex and I to be together for every second of our lives. I mean is it seriously not okay that I go somewhere without him for once. Or him me.

I dropped my phone down onto the couch and stood up. I folded the blanket and placed it along with the pillow at the head of the couch. I then gathered up my stuff. I took out the dirty plates that were still on the table from last night to the kitchen. I washed them and put them away. Then I grabbed a piece of paper.

"Hey Mitch, thought I'd get going early. Thank you so much for the food and somewhere to stay and for someone to talk to. I'm really sorry about last night. Can we just forget about it and move on? It was a mistake and I'm really sorry for being stupid. See you on Monday." I folded the piece of paper and walked to his room. I cracked the door open and crept inside the room. I quietly placed the note on the pillow next to him and took a moment to look at his sleeping form.

His hair was messily lying against the pillow under his head. His back was turned to me and I could see his bare back just under the covers. He had a bundle of the duvet wrapped in his arms, like he was holding someone, very tightly too. I sighed and turned, walking out of the room and to the front door.

I rushed out to my car and sat down, letting all of the air out of my body. "I came here to get love off of my mind. I didn't expect to leave just as confused as when I came, possibly even more." I said to myself starting the engine and driving.

I went the long way home, going round all of the backstreets of LA. Maybe I should buy coffee and breakfast. He's not mad at you, Scott. Yeah but he could be hiding it so I'd come back. No he's too nice to do that. Mom said that about Dave. Well that was different.

My mind seemed to be split in half, having two different sides to every thought. Like two different people were having an argument in my brain.

I pulled up outside our apartment block, picked up the Starbucks drinks and food that I had stopped for earlier and got out of the car. I opened the door and walked up the two flights of stairs to our apartment. I took two deep breaths before putting the key in the door, only to have it opened for me.

Alex stood in the doorway, his face pale, dark circles under his eyes. He hadn't slept. I felt so bad for him considering I had had a full nights sleep and only woken from one nightmare. We both stared at each other for a couple of seconds although it did feel like more than that.

Then I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. "I'm sorry." He whispered. I felt my breath hitch at those words, not knowing why. Maybe it was because I was the one who should be sorry. Maybe it was because his voice sounded like a warm blanket wrapping around me.

"You don't need to be sorry." I whispered into his shoulder. We then went inside and sat down on the couch and talked. It felt a little more comfortable although there was still that awkwardness in the air that put me on edge.