Chapter 15

"H-hey." (Y/N) returned Eren's greeting, placing a small kiss on his cheek as she sat down beside him. Eren always grumbled about it, but she refused to actually kiss him in class, not caring that they were usually a little early. She knew the man well enough to know he had no shame when it came to public displays of affection and if he could he'd have her set on top of the table with his tongue down her throat with the whole class watching them.

Eren quirked his eyebrow at her. He knew that he wasn't always considered the most observant or thoughtful one, but the uncertainty in her greeting and the way she avoided looking at him. Well it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that something was wrong, "Alright, what's up?"

"Nothing. I'm just a little surprised to see you here I guess... you were up all night right?" She lied. Of course she'd known Eren not that long in the grand scheme of things, but she was positive she loved him and knew him well enough to know that he'd grown accustomed to the late night gaming sessions.

"Are you upset about that?" It was a shot in the dark. It didn't seem likely that she was considering up until this point the only time he ever remembered her getting annoyed with his gaming was when he got her to play with him and didn't do well. In fact he remembered offering telling Jean to fuck off last night and she laughed at him and told him that she had a study guide she needed to go over anyways.

"No! I'm not upset." (Y/N) smiled at him, hoping he would believe her and drop it. Thankfully Professor Hange happened to bust in at that moment, spewing apologies of being late, but saving (Y/N) from the conversation none the less.

She tried to take notes, to pay attention to what was going on, but she struggled. She was upset... not with Eren. She'd awoken with from the craziest dream last night. It felt like it had come out of left field, but apparently her body and mind enjoyed it regardless. Jeez, she'd had sex dream before, those were normal. Wet dreams however... those seemed a little less innocent regardless of how much she tried to convince herself she had no control over what her brain cooked up while she was unconscious. That didn't ease her guilt ridden brain though... not when she knew Eren had already been bothered by the subject.

Eren racked his brain. Replaying the last conversation he'd had with her, trying to find what could've possibly been in it to warrant the behavior. Maybe he was oblivious, but he really couldn't find it. Text conversation? No that seemed normal too... perhaps it wasn't him at all? He had to get to the bottom of it though. Or at least get her to admit there was something bothering her, if she didn't want to talk that was fine, but he didn't want her to lie and pretend she was okay.

It was weird walking in silence. It had been weird getting leaving the classroom with Eren without a word. She hated it, and wished she could've been less obvious... now she'd gone and upset him too. The two had just made it outside of the science building when Eren grabbed her hand, pulling her to a stop and out of the doorway.

"We're gonna be late. They're all gonna be mad that we're postponing lunch." (Y/N)'s soft laugh did nothing to waver Eren's decision to keep them standing still.

"We could be faster if you'll tell me what's wrong or how to fix it?" He offered up a solution like it was the easiest thing in the world.

"It's nothing, Eren. I swear-"

"Now you're lying!" Eren whined at her unwillingness to speak to him honestly.

She sighed. Maybe she'd feel better if she told him? Or maybe he'd hate her and think that she was wanting to betray his trust. "It's stupid really."

"Okay. Then it shouldn't be a big deal to tell me right?"

(Y/N) did a double take of her surroundings. She didn't want any passerby's to hear her embarrassing confession, "I just had a really weird dream last night. I dunno where it came from but, I don't know. It bothered me a little."