5

Steve woke the next morning; his entire sleep had been consumed with thoughts of his little bird.

Wren.

Her mouth all over his body, sucking and draining him to within an inch of his life, until he woke in a sweat and in dire need to have her mouth actually see to the current problem at hand.

There was something just so tantalizing about this woman that it frustrated him. How could one person make him feel more in the last twenty four hours than he had in the last seventy odd years? One thing was for sure. He was going to be the one in control.

He'd arranged for someone to pick up the gift he'd brought for her as a way of 'thanks' for letting him keep her underwear. She deserved finer, and that was what she was going to get. In fact, the item he'd brought was probably sitting pretty on her desk waiting for her when she came in. He'd even had a note put in there as well, so she'd know it was from him.

Steve paced by the window until finally deciding to head to the office to try and get some work done. There were plenty of missions to carry out, and he also needed to schedule a meeting with Rumlow and the rest of the Strike team.

No distractions. Not at the moment.

Wren made her way to the office and found that Alexander hadn't yet arrived, even though he was usually there before she was. Perhaps he had a meeting she didn't know of – it wouldn't surprise her. Sometimes there would be things on his schedule that weren't on her own. All the while, her mind was rewinding back to last night.

To him.

His touch still lingered on her body, even though she'd slept and showered. It wasn't that she was trying to wash any traces of Captain Hydra from her. It was that he still had an effect on her even hours after.

One that she couldn't shake.

She felt excited and terrified at the same time.

One thing she did know was that she'd need to withhold this development from Fury. He'd deem the situation too dangerous and would pull her out of there straight away, but Wren had spent the night lying awake and contemplating just what this could mean. For one, she could chip away at the Captain, earn his trust if she played the game. Did as she was told. From that she could have a chance of learning who he really was which could potentially lead to finding out any kind of plans that Hydra had.

This mission was being seen through until its very end. For now she'd need to bend the truth when it came to Fury.

Wren just needed to build the relationship, and seeing as she was now the Captain's possession, there was always the chance to try and influence him further down the line. She needed to be tactful in her ways though. One false move and this man would snap her neck without so much as a flex of his fingers.

Upon walking into the office she noted a box on her desk, neatly tied with a ribbon. She frowned and put her bag down, pulling the card from the envelope tucked under the bow and opening it.

To replace what I took.

Pulling the ribbon undone, she settled at her desk and lifted the lid up, seeing the silk and lace lingerie lying delicately on top of the tissue paper.

Wow.

So the Captain liked a bit of both, and they were rather pretty. Wren wondered how the hell he'd got her size, but it had been a lucky guess that was for sure.

"Good morning Miss Reed." Alexander's voice coming through the doorway made her slam the lid of the box down quickly, so as he couldn't see the contents, Wren then putting the box underneath her desk. Alexander threw her a look, eyeing where she'd hid it but not dwelling on it, he knew who it was from. "I trust the Captain was satisfied last night?"