9

Wren did as she was told. Getting to her knees as he came to stand in front of her. Reaching down he grabbed her chin and pushed it upwards so he could look at her. "You're gonna help me think...you and that pretty little mouth of yours."

Knowing his mood wasn't exactly the best, she brought her hands up to his belt and undid it, already feeling his frustration through the material of his suit. Wren was unsure that he wanted her to take control, but she would if he allowed her to.

So far so good.

"Keep going."

Yep. That was confirmation and suddenly her confidence soared, unzipping his trousers, nails delicately brushing over the hard muscle beneath. "You're gonna be the death of me little bird..." he let out a sharp hiss at the touch of her mouth latching on around the tip, tongue slowly beginning to tease while swirling over him.

She said nothing, but then again it wasn't a time to stop and start having a conversation about sucking him to oblivion. He jerked his hips forward, pushing himself further into her mouth. Both of them knew that she couldn't take all of him. Wren felt one large hand pressed firmly against the back of her head, pushing her further onto him. The tears beginning to prick at the back of her eyes.

"Thaaaaaats it." He soothed, "My god I knew this mouth was meant for more."

Her hand curled around the rest of him that she couldn't take, slowly pumping with long strokes.

"Fuck." She heard him mutter and knew that at least she was doing something right. Her head bobbed more, mouth sucking harder and feeling him tense. 

He was close.

Just not close enough. 

All the while his fingers grasped and knotted themselves in her hair until finally he could feel the familiar sensation building. "I knew I chose you for a reason..." Steve growled softly, hand pushing her head further until finally he unloaded right inside, spilling into her mouth until finally there was nothing left.

Wren swallowed and wiped her mouth, now realising that the tears were sliding down her cheeks. "Just as well you look pretty when you cry." His gaze cast down onto to as she dabbed at her eyes, and he zipped his trousers back up. She said nothing while remaining knelt on the floor, however out of the corner of her eyeline she saw his hand extend to help her up.

What a gentleman.

Gently taking it, he pulled her to her feet and against his body in one swift move. "Will that be all sir?" She asked quietly, her wrist aching as he kept a firm grasp.

"You're staying right here. We need to make some amendments to your job description." Letting her go he gestured for her to follow him through to his office. Wren tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, pulling her skirt down a little more from where it had risen up during the act, leaving more than she wanted on show. Not that he would care anyway. 

Clearing her throat she shut the door behind her. "Amendments?"

"Alexander has pissed me off, so I'm taking away his toys. His lifeline of having someone to organise shit for him for a start." and now slammed his hands down onto his desk, bracing slightly against it while watching her. "You won't be working for him anymore."

She nodded.

Shit. That wasn't good...or was it the blessing in disguise that she needed? Right now it was hard to tell. 

"You'll be working for me."

Ok, that could potentially be worse.

Wren stood there, wondering how she'd now be able to find out about Pierce and what he was up to. Then again, perhaps if she was here, she could possibly have a quick glance at Steve's files. "I see...and define working sir."

"You do for me what you did for Alexander, but with more added benefits." His lips curled as the thoughts of her in every kind of position he wanted invaded his mind.

"I see."

"You're not happy."

Quickly she shook her head in disagreement. "Oh no...no I am really – but I have a question to ask." And saw him waiting patiently for her to carry on. "What did Alexander say for you to get so mad this morning?" Steve paused and Wren could see that he was debating on telling her. "Please...you can trust me."

He exhaled loudly. "I trust no one. Not even Pierce, not even you."

Wren had no idea why the words had cut as deep as they did, but it stung like salt in a wound. "Okay..." her voice was almost inaudible.

"Wren..." He warned. "Don't take it personally."

"You trusted me enough to show me your face." She pointed out, although it wouldn't prove to be helpful on this occasion. 

"Because you wouldn't fucking back down on the matter!" His voice raised like the rumble of thunder, and she flinched slightly. It had been a moment of weakness on his part; however she knew the consequences that came with it. 

Everyone knew not to defy him.

Rubbing the wrist that still was pained from his grasp earlier on, she said no more. Steve now pushed himself from the desk and came towards her, both hands firm upon her shoulders so as she was rooted to the spot. "I know that the operatives in this organisation are loyal to me. But there will always be one who will betray you."

Oh fuck. Did he know about who she really was? Was he about to break her neck? Snap her in two? She had to keep her cool, no fuck ups were allowed on her part now. 

"You think there is someone here who will?"

"I don't know...but if there is? They won't be leaving this place alive." His expression darkened fingers digging into her shoulders.

She looked at him. "You know I would never do that to you." At some point she'd have to, but she needed to convince him otherwise that she wasn't a traitor.

"Good. Because if you do, then I'm going to clipping those wings of yours birdie."

Wren brought her hand up to rest on top of his, giving it a slight squeeze. "Can I make you a drink? This whole thing with Pierce, whatever it is, it's making you tense. You can't work like that." She needed to up the stakes. Play the devoted secretary, fuck buddy - whatever the hell she was to him. More loyalty needed to be shown than ever before. But even then that could be disastrous.

She couldn't let her feelings and emotions get in the way. Already some had been quashed with the promise to herself that she wouldn't allow herself to become consumed by him. 

Unfortunately this would prove to be her greatest challenge rather than keeping her true identity under cover. 

"Whiskey." Steve huffed at her question as his phone began to ring. "Bucky..." he answered, Wren slipping out to the bar to make him a drink, all the while trying to remember to breathe. She could feel his eyes still burning into the back of her as she poured the liquid into the glass and added some ice. He was still talking when she went to return, stopping as she could hear him discussing something. "No, but Project Insight will allow us that..."

Project Insight? Was that what they were planning? The name didn't exactly give much away and now as she walked back in, passing him the drink he mouthed 'Thank you' to her, downing it in one and pulling her back close to him. "I'll keep updating you as we go along, but right now?" 

Once again the feral eyes met hers. "I have work to do..."