7

Silently Steve pulled the helmet off, seeing Wren's face change slightly while her eyes scanned his features. "That bad eh?"

Wren quickly shook her head. Her heart literally about to punch its way from her chest. He was gorgeous, but there was something else...she knew his face. She should have pieced it together sooner. "No...no it's...I'm pleasantly surprised."

She was praying for her cervix more than anything now that she'd laid eyes on him.

"You know who I am."

It wasn't a question.

She nodded. "You're Captain America..."

"Don't call me that, Captain America died in 45." He corrected her, no longer wanting to associated with the name in any shape or form. "It's not who I am, who I wanted to be. Hydra have never once let me down."

Wren had to take a moment to process the fact that Steve Rogers hadn't been lost to the ice after all. "How...but you..."

"I went into the ice, they plucked me outta there. That's all you need to know." He grunted and looked at her. "People who work here, they know who I am, but they've not seen my face. I won't allow it. Sure I could just walk around without this thing on..." he held up the helmet. "But that's not going to happen. Anonymity." He reminded her.

"So really you are a name without a face, or in some respects an updated one."

"Exactly." He chucked the helmet onto a nearby chair, "Feel lucky little bird, I'm not one to be swayed so easily."

If Fury found this out then he'd have a field day. Wren needed to bide her time though. She'd unmasked the man but her next assignment was to build some trust. All the while as her eyes rested on him, she could feel something inside of her screaming that this was the worst idea she'd ever had. That she'd live to regret her actions.

Back out now otherwise you'll pay the price. Her mind was conflicting with itself. There was something there. She felt it and part of her was guilty for how her body was betraying her.

She decided there and then that she couldn't fall for him, that she needed to just see this as another mission. If Steve Rogers could possibly feel nothing more than pleasure during their encounters, then so could she.

She was simply his to possess, nothing more and nothing less. "I should leave..." she said quietly, knowing that she'd been away from her desk for far too long.

"You'll leave when I tell you to." Steve replied and pointed to the chair by the fireplace. "Sit."

"Yes Sir." And she gingerly settled herself into the armchair, Steve passing her a robe so as she wouldn't be cold. He saw the goosebumps that had risen over her skin.

"Either you fear me, or you're cold."

Wren locked eyes with his once she'd wrapped the robe around her. "Should I have a reason to fear you?"

"That would depend on the situation."

She looked away from him. "I don't want to fear you", regretting this admittance no sooner had it passed her lips.

Wren didn't really know what she wanted anymore. The man under the helmet was human. But he had been someone else, all traces of the man who had once been hailed as a hero gone. He remembered, but just how much did he? This was Hydra, and if they'd plucked him from the water like he said they had, then what had they done to sway a once righteous man down a path that was the complete opposite?

"Then don't give me a reason to make you feel that way." He replied finishing his drink and then reaching for his phone that was on the table beside his chair. Putting it to his ear. "Alexander...yes...she's with me, and will be for the rest of the day..." he eyed her as he said this to see whether any flicker of fear appeared in her eyes.

None.

He had her right where he wanted her.

Steve's face darkened at Alexander's next words about being with his assistant for the day. "Then you find someone to fill in!" and he stood up pacing back and forth as she watched the anger rise. "You are dealing with this fucking project so I'm sure a day of paperwork won't kill you – but I will if you carry on disobeying my orders!" and then he hung up, resuming his calm manner which scared Wren a little with just how quickly his mood could change. "I'm sorry you had to hear that."

"What did he say?"

"That he's on a tight schedule and couldn't really spare you...that's for me to decide, not him."

She self consciously toyed with the sleeves of the robe. "A busy time then. His diary is rather full..."

Steve now spun round. "Full or not, you're staying here for today."

Wren took another sip of wine for courage. "And what about tonight, sir?" She dared to ask.

"I'll decide later, now, I have some work to get on with."

"What should I do?" She asked, watching as he pulled his white t-shirt over his head, now properly able to admire his physique. It was making the heat begin to pool inside her, but she shook the feeling from her, going to put on her blouse.

His hand grabbed her wrist tightly. "I don't think so little bird. You can stay in that underwear of yours and watch. There's a chair in there that you can curl up on." Taking the blouse from her, he threw it over his shoulder. "You'll help me to think."

Wren bit her lip. "Can I at least keep my robe on?"

Steve contemplated the request. "Fine." And steered her in the direction of his office.

Wren got home that evening and finally settled herself in a hot bath, the warmth soothing the ache in her body that had been the result of the encounters she'd had with Steve that day. Placing the cell to her ear, she called Fury. "What have you got for me Reed?"

"Not much." She lied. "There's something in the water, Pierce certainly knows something."

"And what of Captain Hydra? Have you met him yet?"

"No...the man's an enigma." Another lie, but it was better to say nothing at present. "I'm in no danger. I just need a chance to get into Pierce's files to see what's going on. This could be a long one sir."

"Take as long as you need, I trust you Reed, but any sign of you being exposed then you get your ass outta there."

She'd already been exposed, that morning as well as that afternoon. Steve had pretty much had her bent over his desk whilst he'd pounded into her from behind. Even now the flashbacks were playing over in her mind, one of his hands on her waist keeping her steady whilst the other tugged at her hair.

What scared her more was that she enjoyed it.

"I will..." Wren said, realising she hadn't agreed and had been silent for longer than she should have.

"You sure you're ok Reed?"

"Just tired sir, being Pierce's assistant can be a fucking nightmare sometimes, and technically it's not even a real job."  That and technically being the Captain's new sex slave had drained her of all the energy she'd had that day, but she wouldn't be telling Fury about that part.

"Hang in there Reed, hopefully we'll have some answers soon. Keep in touch" Fury instructed and rang off.

Wren sank into the bath further and exhaled. This was going to be her hardest mission yet, and it had barely begun.