Reassurance Part 1-Angst+Fluff🥲🌸

Requested by kenya_hs

I hid behind the wall as the third girl that day confessed to Langa. "I really like you, so would you consider going out to lunch or dinner this weekend?" She asked. I heard Langa sigh, "Sorry, I'm not interested" He answered, trying to be as nice as he could. I could hear her apologize and run away, then he sat down. After a minute, I popped out from behind the wall and ran up to him, "I'm sorryyyyy Langa '' I said, pretending to catch my breath. He smiled, " It's ok" He answered, looking down at his feet. "Hey Reki?" He asked. I hummed in response, " would you wanna go to the movies with me this weekend?" He asked, smiling at me. I felt the pit in my stomach form. Of course I wanted to go, but I couldn't. I will admit, I'm in love with Langa, but so are many other people, and I won't be selfish when I know he could find a girl that's much better than me, plus I don't even think he's into guys. " Sorry Langa, but I'm busy this weekend." I said, trying my best to smile. "Oh" He answered, looking down at his feet. He looked up sadly for a minute and then put on a smile, "Well, maybe next weekend then."

As soon as the school bell rang I got on my skateboard and left as fast as I could. I could feel tears beginning to form as I finally reached my front door. I threw my bag down in the doorway and ran to my room, locking the door behind me. I tried to calm my breathing, but ended up curling up in a ball in the corner of my bed.

"Look how beautiful Langa is"

"It's such a shame he doesn't hang out with people others care about"

"I bet he's gonna get with most the girls in our grade"

I sobbed uncontrollably, I just wanted it all to stop. I just wanted it all to go away. All besides Langa. I yearned for him to be here, holding me in his arms and telling me that I didn't need to worry about anyone else. I wanted him to tell me he loves me, as much as I love him. I took a deep breath. "Langa will never love me" A phrase I've said to myself many, many times over the last year. It was true though, plus, even if he had any feelings for me they'd go away when he goes back to Canada. I cried harder, thinking about him leaving me. "Reki hunny, open the door" I heard my mom say from outside. I sniffed, "N-not now mom" I mumbled, wiping my face on the sleeves of my hoodie. I could hear her sigh and leave, causing me to cry harder. Everyone I love is going to leave me. All I do is push people away.

I turned over in my bed, rubbing my eyes. I picked up my phone noting it was 3 hours later, I didn't even remember falling asleep. I looked at my phone again and noticed the dozen texts from Langa and the 4 missed calls. I felt a ping in my stomach and clicked the call back button, "Hey Langs." "Reki! I was so worried, are you ok??" He blurted out all at once. I smiled, "I'm alright, I just wasn't feeling good so I left right away, I'm sorry I didn't tell you" I heard him sigh, "It's ok, I'm just glad you're not hurt." I smiled, 'Maybe he does care about me' I thought. "I know you said you couldn't go out this weekend, but are you busy right now?" Langa asked. "I'm not busy" "Will you meet me in the park?" He asked, sounding hopeful. I sighed, yes, but all my hoodies are dirty, so would you bring me one of yours?" I asked, just wanting an excuse to wear his hoodie. "Of course Reki~" He hummed.

"Hey" I said, sitting down next to him on the bench. He looked at me and smiled, "Hi." "So why'd you want me to meet you?" I asked, shivering a bit. "I just wanted to see you." Suddenly I got a boost of confidence and my brain started telling me to tell Langa how I felt. "Langa I need to tell you something." I began, "Go on then" He answered. "Langa I li-" "OMG LANGA" We turned around and saw three girls running towards us. "I didn't think I'd see you here" One of them said, obviously trying to flirt. "Can we sit with you?" She asked after, as her friends giggled behind her, "Uh, sure" He answered, looking down for a few seconds. I felt my stomach turn, knowing that was probably the only time I'd have that much courage. "Langa I'm cold, could I use that sweater?" She asked. "Actuall-" But she swiped it and put it on. Langa looked at me, looking scared, so I smiled back and gave him a thumbs up. "So Langa," the girl started again. "What're you doing here so late?" "I'm just hanging out with Reki" He answered, smiling at me. "Omg, I didn't even notice you" She said, giggling. I watched as she scooted over closer to him. I looked down, "You should come with us, there's a party down the road" She said. I looked up to see her head against his shoulder and she was running her finger up and down his chest.

"R-reki, Do you w-wanna go?" He asked, looking up at me awkwardly. "I-" "Well actually," The girl started, "It's really just for the popular people, and no offence, but there's like no one that likes you there" She said, leaning further against Langa. I felt like crying, so I stood up. "Reki-" Langa said, getting up too. I smiled, "It's ok Langa, go have fun" I said, grabbing my skateboard and putting it on the ground. "Reki-" Before he could say anything else I began skating away, not wanting to be there anymore.

"Hey sweetheart, how was your-" "Not now mom" I answered, walking past her to my bedroom. "Honey, what about dinner?" She asked, following after me. "I ate when I was out mom" I answered, shutting my door behind me and locking it. I tried sitting on my bed to calm myself down, but it just caused me to feel more anxious. I stood up and tried to get to my closet to get a sweater since I was freezing, but ended up falling in the closet instead. I curled up in the corner, crying into my knees so my mom wouldn't hear me. I couldn't calm down, knowing I left Langa with those girls. 'I'm a horrible friend' I thought while choking on tears. I cried and cried, thinking about all the horrible things people say about me, like how I must be a perv for being gay and still going into the male change rooms during gym. Or how I always invited myself into conversations when someone was trying to talk to Langa, and that made me annoying and someone no one wanted to be around.

Langa's POV

'No, no, no please' I thought, crying my eyes out as I ran as fast as I could to Reki's house. I tripped on something, and hit my head off the sidewalk, but I ignored it and got up again. I made my way up Reki's porch, using only the little light from the window to try and not trip again. I knocked on the door, which was instantly opened, "I knew you'd come." His mom sat me down at the kitchen table, "What's going on with Reki?" She asked, cleaning up my forehead which was bleeding. "I don't know" I whispered, feeling tears run down my cheeks again. "Oh honey it's ok." She said, rubbing my back slightly. "Here, have this key. He's in his room" She said, smiling after. I got up and walked down the hallway to his room. I unlocked the door carefully and walked in, closing it behind me. "Reki?" I whispered, walking over to his bed. "Reki I'm sorry" I said, placing my hand on the lump in the blanket, only for it to sink. I heard a rustle come from the closet and turned around to see what it was.

As soon as I saw him, I sat kneeled beside him. "Reki '' I said sadly, seeing the dried tear marks on his face. I rubbed his shoulder gently, trying to wake him up. He jumped, gasping loudly. "Sorry" I whispered, trying not to scare him more. "what-, what are you doing here?" He asked, rubbing his head. "I came to see you" I tried to move closer to him but he freaked out and pushed me backwards, causing me to hit my back off the corner of the closet door. "I-I, I'm so sorry" He said, going further backwards into the corner. I suddenly couldn't breathe, and everything around me felt like it was getting smaller. "Langa?" He asked, wiping his face. I gripped at my chest, as a million things ran through my head. "Langa breath" He said, rubbing my shoulder. I grabbed onto the front of my shirt desperately, trying to breathe normally. "P-please" I gasped. Reki jumped up and grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around my shoulders.

I haven't had a lot of panic attacks in front of people, but I was glad that this time Reki was around. "You're gonna be ok Langa" he said, rubbing my knee a bit. "Please don't leave, not again" I choked out. " I won't" I grabbed onto him again and put my head against his shoulder. After I had calmed down enough to talk we stood up and sat on his bed. "Why didn't you go to the party?" He asked, leaning against my shoulder. "I wanted to be with you, that's why I asked you to the park" I mumbled, wiping my face. "But that girl was totally into you. You could've had a hot date." I sighed, "Reki, I need to tell you something important." He sat up again and looked at me. "You noticed how I've never agreed to go out with any girls?" "Yes?" "Well...Reki I'm gay" I whispered, squeezing my eyes shut. "Well that's ok? I mean so am I." He murmured. "And Reki" "Yeah?" "I'm in love with you."