Chapter 20 ~ The Perfect Trade

"Вставайте, девушки!" (Get up, girls!)

Our instructors came around and unhooked handcuffs from the girl's beds and their wrists. The handcuffs prevented them from escaping. Mainly Allison. 

All of the girls got dressed in light brown dresses and white button-up shirts underneath

All of the girls got dressed in light brown dresses and white button-up shirts underneath. They put on white socks and black strap shoes. The adults made the girls make their beds and line up on the corner of the wall. They went down the line of girls and counted to make sure all of the girls were there.

"Идите в столовую." (Go to the dining hall)

The girls walked in a single file line to the dining hall and walked in and sat down. They were handed plates with bread, soup, and sometimes a vegetable. One instructor walked around and gave the girls water cups. They ate in silence. All of the girls in the Red Room sat there and ate. But not all of them ate their food. Some girls ate quickly, like Allison. Others didn't. The older girls sat at one end while the younger girls sat at the other. 

The adults paced the room making sure no one tried to make a run for it. They came around after ten minutes and took the girls' plates from them, signaling them to line up on the wall. The older girls in the back and the younger girls in the front.

They took attendance again and then the older girls would unbraid the little one's hair and braid them again. The older girls hooked two rubber bands in the little ones' hairs and then waited to be instructed. The little girls looked to their teachers waiting for a signal. 

"Выключатель."

The little girls and older girls switched. They did the same routine as the older ones had done. The girls did as they were told.

'Left, Right, Left over right, right over left.'

Madame B walked down the line and approved the braids. The ones that weren't perfect caused the girl who did them to get a punishment. Beaten. This morning two little girls failed to do it correctly. Two other adults went over and took the two girls to Dreykov for punishment. The girls were dismissed to go to combat training. They walked down the dark halls towards the changing room where they changed into leggings and tank tops. The girls stood around a mat hoping not to be called on first to fight.