Chapter 31 ~ Just Don't Touch That

----------------------

"We're gonna need a safer place to live." May said.

"I can solve that problem." I said.

~ My Apartment ~ Brooklyn ~

"No Alarm systems?"

"I live alone clearly." I said throwing my keys into the bowl in the entry.

"It looks nice and... safe." May said.

"Welcome to my apartment."

My stuff from earlier was still on the couch. My dinner from a few days ago. My computer shut and tv off.

"You like Shawarma?" Peter asked.

"I love it."

They noticed the collection of whiskey on top of the fridge.

"What the-?" May started.

"Some are my Dad's and some are Tony's."

"Oh."

"I don't even know what's up here."

I climbed on top of the counter and stood up looking on top of the fridge. I started to move some of the bottles around looking for names and dates.

"'45?"

"What?!"

"That's my father's doing." I said jumping down.

"Alright so May you can have my Dad's old room and Peter you can either have my room and I'll sleep on the couch or you sleep on the couch."

"I'm fine with the couch." He said.

"Great! Just set your stuff down anywhere and the bathroom is down the hall." I told Peter.

"Thanks."

I walked towards my Dad's room.

"And this is yours." I smiled and showed May to his room.

I opened the door and it felt weird. I hadn't opened the door in a while. Everything was neatly placed around my Dad's room.

"The bathroom is right here and you can put your stuff in the top two drawers of this dresser."

"Thanks." May smiled.

"Just don't touch any of the stuff in the other drawers of I guess just anything else in the room."

I ran my fingers across the dresser noticing the dust that had built up. The books on the dresser were neatly organized and everything on the dressers were neatly placed just how my Dad liked them. I walked out of the room and towards mine, opening the door and making my way towards the bean bag chair in the corner. I was under a hanging plant with a stack of books in front of it and posters/pictures on the walls. Different ones to represent different things.

"Wow."

I didn't even notice Peter standing in the doorway.

"You want something or are you just gonna keep standing in the doorway like a creep?"

"It just depends. Did you finish your applications for MIT?"

"Yeah and I sent them in."

"Do you think we are gonna get in?"

"It just depends on what the school decides. No offence but if I don't get in I have other ideas of places to go to."

"Where would you go?

"Auburndale Art School. My Dad went there. Well for a short period of time."

"Oh."

"I prefer art more than anything but I don't really know what I would do with an art degree."

"It just depends."

"It feels so weird to be thinking about college when that should have been done years ago for me."

"Both of us."

~ Later That Night ~

"Do you want to come with me? I have to run to the store."

"Um sure."

I grabbed my keys and walked out of my apartment with Peter following behind me.

"What do you need?" He asked.

"Just a few extra things."

We got to the street and found my car. I climbed in the drivers side and Peter was hesitant about climbing in.

"Get your ass in the car or I leave!" I shouted.

He climbed in. Just as he shut his door I started driving, giving him no time to buckle up.

"You're driving fast."

He gave me a concerned look and buckled up. I smirked.

"You're afraid of me driving?! What are you also afraid of spiders?"

I drive past the store and out of the city.

"You missed the store and are going out of the city?! Where the hell are you going?!"

We keep driving and get closer to where the Avengers Compound used to be.

"Welcome home." I said

" I said