Chapter 21 ~ What The Hell, Rogers?!

~ 30 minutes later ~

I ran through the streets of Prague without shoes on. My feet burned as I ran down the cobblestone streets. I could feel the blood rushing through my body, the air burning in my lungs, and the sweat accumulating on my skin.

"Peter! Peter!" I started to scream but nothing happened. Almost as if I was invisible.

I ran faster and faster. I was going to find Peter. He was going to be okay. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a huge explosion that came from the town square. Smoke was billowing into the air, and I could hear the screams of people.

"Peter!"

I ran as fast as I could toward the sound of the explosion. When I got there, I saw that the square was on fire. People were running and screaming, but I couldn't see Peter anywhere.

"Peter... Peter." I heard my name and I looked toward the buildings.

Peter was flying around like his usual self being Spider-Man.

I wanted to help but I couldn't

I wanted to help but I couldn't. My hands hurt and I had no energy. That was definitely coming off my paycheck.

Wait, I don't even get paid.

I noticed Betty and Ned stuck on the Ferris wheel.

"Night Monkey, help! Save us! Night Monkey, we're stuck!" Betty started to wave her arms around.

"What? Oh, no, no." Peter said.

"Help us! Help!"

"On to Plan B?" Beck yelled to Peter.

"Yeah! We gotta hit him with something he can't absorb!"

"I go left, you go right! Now!"

"Okay, shoot him!"

They aimed for the monster and fired at him. It started to get smaller but stronger.

"Yeah!" Beck yelled. "That hurt him. Keep it coming. Spider-Man, keep your distance!"

"I'm trying!"

I stood there in almost the middle of it all watching. There was nothing I could do to help.

"Can't let him get near the Ferris wheel."

"Okay. I'm on it! Whoa, what is that?!" Peter webbed the Ferris wheel to stay in place.

"Betty! Betty!"

"That's it! Nice! Nice! You got him!" Peter yelled to Beck.

"No, no, no."

The monster got bigger and stronger. Fury pulled up in black vehicles with his team and Maria behind him.

"It's too late," I whispered.

"Whatever happens I'm glad we met," Beck said, turning to Peter.

"Beck, what are you doing?"

"What I should have done last time." He said putting his fishbowl head back on.

"Beck, don't do it!"

Beck went towards the monster and into it.

The thing blew up and it was all over

The thing blew up and it was all over. Beck fell from the sky towards the middle and Peter ran towards him.

Fury approached me, not happy.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Rogers?!"

"I-"

"You let Mysterio's life on the line just so you could stand here and not help?!"

"He's not who he is!"

"Sure."

Fury walked towards Peter and Mysterio leaving me.

"So it's over?" Maria asks.

"That was the last of them."

"But not the last threat we'll ever face. We need to stay vigilant. There's a void in this world for someone like you. Hill and I are going to Europol headquarters in Berlin tomorrow. You should join us."

I started to walk away before I could hear the rest of the conversation. The only thing I cared about was where he was going next. I opened the window to my hotel room and slipped in. I found a face changer and a change of clothes. I put the stuff on and headed out.

 I put the stuff on and headed out