Chapter 7 ~ Ghost Girl, Running Free

Allison's POV

Allison's POV

'Run they say. They always say run. Be free. But I'm not free from anything. I start free then become a caged animal when I'm found. Run free. Run they say. They always say run. Be free.'

That's what I used to believe but now I believe differently. I believe that I'm not the same person I used to be. I used to be kind and always had a heart of fire that was burning but now I'm sour. I steal and put water out on the heart of fire that used to be. I run free from what I used to have. There is no more love left in my life.

"Excuse me. Miss?" I was snapped back to reality.

"Yes?"

"Can you hurry up?"

"Sure."

I had taken a recent coffee shop job for extra money and to keep a low profile.

"Here you go." I handed the man his coffee and he paid for his order.

He walked away. I read his mind. Why not? 'This is stupid. This girl knows nothing!'

"Next," I said and looked down at the time on my watch.

I looked back up. The next person in line had moved up.

"Hi... Clint?!"

"Allison?! What are you doing here?"

"I need a job so why not get a job. What are you doing?"

"Getting the time back that I lost." He said and smiled.

"Good for you."

The doors across the street opened and people filed out of the doors.

"Seems like 'Rogers The Musical' is doing good," I said.

Clint turned and looked out the windows.

"Yeah, we're gonna go see it later." He said, "look what's bothering you?"

"The whole world hates me for everything."

"Nobody hates you."

"Then explain why the new Captain America keeps coming after me just for being the Captain's daughter.'

"I didn't know that was happening to you. I'm sorry." Clint said.

"You can't do anything about it, neither can you."

I made Clint his order and clocked out. I grabbed my backpack and ran out the back door of the coffee shop. The door goes straight to an alleyway. I stepped out and the bright light of the sun hit my eyes. I started to walk towards the back of the alleyway.

"Put your hands up!" Someone yelled.

I knew it was the cops. I turned around and dropped my backpack down. I put my hands on my head.