Chapter 5 ~ Damn That's Harsh

~ Utah ~ Cape Side St

~ Utah ~ Cape Side St. ~ 3 pm ~

"So wait what happened after Pierce took you to his office." Melina asked.

"The usual." Everyone looked at me with a questioning look, "beatings." I said slowly.

Everyone looked like they had just got the wind knocked out of them.

"Continue." Alexei said.

I continued the story.

~ D.C. ~ 2014 ~

Agents escort me to his office.

"I told you not to talk." Pierce says.

"I didn't say anything but the truth."

"You had one job. You are the only other person here who knows what is going on."

"At Least I'm not scared to admit that I'm wrong and lying."

Pierce slapped me. It stung for a moment but he was weak. Hydra beating was worse than this guy slapping me. 'Red Room' dancing was worse than him slapping me. I caught my breath.

"You're weak." I said and started to laugh.

"You think that's funny?"

"A little since you think you're so strong yet really are very weak."

"Listen Reese, I'm in charge not you so you don't decide anything and you don't get to choose why I won't tell anybody anything else."

"Then why did you make my father a fugitive? He did nothing wrong; he doesn't know who killed Fury. You do but you won't tell."

He punched me in the face. I felt blood drip from my nose but I was used to the pain at this point. I stumbled a little but not much.

"You're so weak." I spoke.

He punched me again in the face knocking me onto the floor. I was gonna have a black eye later. My lip was busted and so was the skin under my eye.

I got right back up.

"You're weak."

He punched me again, knocking me to the ground. He grabbed me by my hair and pulled me to my knees.

"Don't call me weak."

He punched me in the face multiple times. After enough blood dripped he stopped. I sat there on the floor of his office with a busted and bloody face. He cleaned off his hand and then walked back over to me.

"You're lucky I let you live. I could kill you right now," he said, "hail Hydra."

"You son of a bitch." I said "you won't win."