seven

07 | CHAPTER SEVEN —
TWO BIRDS ON A WIRE
you left me. remember that ❞

AFTER THE PAIR, Yu-ri and Cheong-san, were done messing around at the door, Cheong-san held up three fingers

AFTER THE PAIR, Yu-ri and Cheong-san, were done messing around at the door, Cheong-san held up three fingers. "Thirty minutes." He mouthed to Gyeong-su. "It's been thirty minutes. Come out."

Gyeong-su's smile dropped and he waved them away with his hand.

They sighed and stepped back from the door. "Miss Park," Cheong-san said. "It's been more than 30 minutes but he still doesn't wanna come out."

"I'll see what I can do." Their teacher walked into the recording room and they gathered around to watch from the big window as she tried to talk to him.

Yu-ri huffed. "I don't understand why he's being so stubborn."

Cheong-san nudged her on her arm and smiled. "He gets it from you."

Yu-ri rolled her eyes and kicked his ankle with her foot. He hissed and she laughed, patting him on his back.

Shortly after, Miss Park came out of the room without Gyeong-su. The entire group sighed. "He said he's staying the full hour."

"I'll go in." Yu-ri suggested.

"Why would you go?" Ji-min asked. "If anyone should, it's Na-yeon."

The group turned around to face her and she sat up straight in her chair. "Why should I?"

"He's like this because of you." Jimin argued, stepping forward.

"Was it wrong to suspect him? You did too. Everyone did. It wasn't just me."

"I always believed him." Yu-ri raised her eyebrows and Dae-su and Cheong-san nodded in agreement.

"Well, I didn't. She's right," Ji-min admitted. "But I didn't insult him like you did."

"Why are you picking on me?" Na-yeon pouted, attempting to keep an innocent facade.

"Cause you deserve it."

Miss Park cut in. "That's enough, Ji-min." Then she walked over and bent down to be level with Na-yeon. "You remember your promise, right? After thirty minutes, you'd apologize. It's been thirty minutes."

Na-yeon stared up at their teacher and something in her face made Yu-ri squint her eyes in suspicion. The girl got up from her chair and shuffled to the door.