sixteen

16 | CHAPTER SIXTEEN —
SCRATCH
❝ i can't stand to be away from you ❞

16 | CHAPTER SIXTEEN —SCRATCH❝ i can't stand to be away from you ❞

YU-RI'S HEAD wasn't in the right place. She didn't even think when Su-hyeok had instructed her to go back to the shelf and get ready to jump over to the other side while he opened the door. Normally, she would've argued with him but her feet were thinking for her and before she knew it, she hopped onto the shelf and nodded at Su-hyeok to continue.

Su-hyeok gulped before sliding the door open. Yu-ri hopped down from the shelf and was pulled back by Cheong-san. The zombies ran in through the back door of the classroom, knocking over the chairs that Su-hyeok and Yu-ri put there and giving Su-hyeok enough time to hop safely through the gap.

Joon-yeong pressed play on the camera and classical music echoed across the room. The zombies rammed into the wall, the loud crash making Yu-ri flinch. She ran to assist in holding the wall up as more of the undead began to pile in the classroom.

By the second, It was getting harder and harder to hold up the barrier and Yu-ri feared they didn't have much time before the wall collapsed completely.

On-jo ran to the window and looked out. "Dae-su! You gotta make some noise!"

"Die zombies!" Dae-su yelled with no hesitation. "Fucking die!" At the noise, another hoard of zombies came running down the hallway.

"Do it one more time!"

"Stupid zombies!" He belted again.

The girls ran to pick up instruments from the floor, banging on drums near the wall.

The noises in the room were making Yu-ri's head pound and her back was hurting from how much she was pushing up against the wall. "Wu-jin!" She yelled to the boy who anxiously stared out of the window.

"We can't go yet!" Wu-jin answered. "Not yet!"

Zombies stacked on top of each other and a few were attempting to climb their way over the top. Yu-ri was trying to remain as calm as possible but if they were unable to escape the classroom in the next minutes, there was no chance of them escaping at all. "It's not gonna hold much longer!"

"A little more!" Wu-jin's voice shook. "Not yet!"

"Yu-ri!" Cheong-san yelled. "Duck!"

Furrowing her brows, she tilted her head up to see a zombie hovering right over her head. Gasping, she squatted to the floor and Cheong-san swung a music stand directly at it's face making it fall back to the other side.