eight

08 | CHAPTER EIGHT —
LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW
❝ get a grip, yu-ri ❞

SU-HYEOK HAD LEFT  the young girl at the window after seeing it was clear she didn't want him around

SU-HYEOK HAD LEFT the young girl at the window after seeing it was clear she didn't want him around.

Yu-ri felt her muscles relax when he stepped away from her vicinity yet she had to fight the urge to turn around and watch him as he walked.

She didn't realize what she said until after she said it and almost felt bad. Had she gone too far? He was only trying to be nice. But her brain had spoken louder than her heart. Don't feel bad, Yu-ri, it assured her. You were just being honest.

Behind her, Dae-su sniffled. "That asshole. Gyeong-su...why did you have to turn."

"I told you all." Na-yeon muttered. "He was infected."

This girl was insufferable. Did she not see what just happened? Did she not see how everyone else in the room was grieving? It seemed she didn't have an ounce of sympathy in her body.

"Well are you happy now?" Dae-su whined.

"You were all wrong. Only I was right. What would you even do without me?" Na-yeon had the audacity to say.

"Hey," Nam-ra's said. "Maybe you did it."

It was the first time Nam-ra had talked in a while. Yu-ri knew Nam-ra really only spoke when she had something important to say so Yu-ri slowly turned around to listen.

"What?" Na-yeon shook her head.

Nam-ra walked around the table to stand in front of Na-yeon. "I saw everything, Na-yeon."

Na-yeon stood up and Yu-ri observed attentively."What? What did you see?"

"You're the one who did it."

"Did what? I didn't do anything to Gyeong-su." Na-yeon shouted.

At her words, Yu-ri furrowed her brows. "She didn't say anything about Gyeong-su." She mumbled from her spot at the window.

The rest of the group, looked at Na-yeon suspiciously. "I didn't do anything." She muttered.

"While we were all watching Gyeong-su, you were in the back alone. You wiped that blood on your handkerchief." Nam-ra pointed to the bloody mop in the corner that they used earlier to stab the zombie.

"No, I didn't."

"You wiped that on the scratches on Gyeong-su's hand."