fifteen

15 | CHAPTER FIFTEEN —
CAMCORDER CONFESSIONS
❝ before anything else, you think of her ❞

SITTING AT THE OPPOSITE side of the room, Yu-ri couldn't help it when her eyes would flicker to Su-hyeok and Nam-ra who sat in complete silence, far away from them

SITTING AT THE OPPOSITE side of the room, Yu-ri couldn't help it when her eyes would flicker to Su-hyeok and Nam-ra who sat in complete silence, far away from them. She mentally cursed herself every time she caught herself staring. There was no reason for her to feel jealous. Su-hyeok hadn't even spoken a single word to Nam-ra that entire time. They were just doing what needed to be done.

"If Nam-ra's immune, does that mean she's okay even if she gets bitten?" Dae-su leaned his head on Joon-yeong's knees.

Joon-yeong shrugged. "Probably."

Dae-su groaned. "Oh shit. That's not fair."

"She still has zombie blood in her veins." Ji-min murmured.

"She isn't completely a zombie. A half-bie?" Dae-su suggested and Hyo-ryung furrowed her brows.

"What's that?"

"Short for half zombie? It's like half and half." He explained.

Yu-ri shook her head. "He just made that up."

"Nuh-uh," Dae-su whined. "Like half spicy, half fried...ugh. I want chicken."

The boys complained to each other about how much they wanted food and something to drink. The last actual meal Yu-ri had was Cheong-san's mom's chicken the night before everything went to hell. She regretted not going to lunch that day the zombie outbreak happened, or at least finishing the apple her father gave her that morning.

"How could you think about food right now with a zombie in the room?" Ji-min said, starting to really get on Yu-ri's nerves.

"Stop it. Nam-ra isn't a zombie." On-jo defended.

"Half-bie." Dae-su nodded.

"Close enough."

"Let's not do this to ourselves," Yu-ri intervened. "We're all we've got now."

"She's right." Hyo-ryung agreed. "Nam-ra is better than Na-yeon."

"Nam-ra's nothing like Na-yeon." Yu-ri spat quickly, like she was disgusted to even say her name.

"Gyeong-su died because of her," Ji-min continued. "And Miss Park..."

Joon-yeong nodded. "That's true. If it weren't for Na-yeon, they'd be here with us right now."