14

As Jungkook and Jimin were heading back home after Jin's party, Jimin remembered about the ring and about the couple's yet uncalibrated anniversary.

It was around nine pm the two were walking down the street.

It wasn't cold, but rather windy, the spring weather was nice and it was overall an enjoyable evening. The mild warmth, the refreshing wind, the stars shining above the couple's heads.

Jimin believed that it was the right moment to do what he wanted to do for a long time now.

"Can we take a walk in the park for a while? I feel like I need to get my energy out." Jimin spoke.

Jungkook nodded with a smile and the two started walking towards the park.

As they approached a bench with a lamppost, the atmosphere seemed so cozy to Jimin, he stopped, Jungkook stopping as well.

"What's wrong?" The younger was confused.

Jimin took a deep breath before looking up from the ground into the depth of the eyes of the younger standing in front of him.

Jimin moved closer to Jungkook, took the younger's hands into his own and smiled.

"I know this is very confusing..." Jimin started and, shifting his gaze to the ground again. "But I need to tell you something."

Jungkook frowned. "What? What's wrong?" The younger started panicking. "Chim, you're scaring me."

Jimin was studying Jungkook's facial expression before deciding to continue.

"I just wanted you to know... I mean, you probably do already." The older chuckled. "But I feel like I don't say this often enough to you."

Jungkook just stood there, ready to hear all that Jimin had to say, nervousness taking over.

"It was two years ago tonight that you first asked me to be your boyfriend. You changed my life that evening." Jimin started, earning a smile from the younger.

"When I look at you, I realize my love for you grows deeper everyday. I just wanted to let you know that I love you more than even the most heartfelt words can express."

"I love you too, baby." Jungkook pecked the older's lips with care.

Jimin pressed his lips into a thin line as Jungkook pulled away. "I have a surprise for you."

Jungkook lifted a brow. "You do?"

The shorter nodded, smiling. "Turn around."

As the other did turn around, all the lights lit up, revealing an amazing setup.

Jungkook stood there, totally thunderstruck, watching the lights in awe. "When did you- how did you-"

"It did take a while to prepare all this, but it was totally worth it." Jimin spoke up, amused by his fiance's reaction.

"You did all of this by yourself?" Jungkook turned to face the older, who could only smile sweetly and nod in response. "It's beautiful."

"Shall we take a walk?" Jimin offered Jungkook his hand, which the younger took instantly, bringing it to his lips and planting a soft kiss.

"You're quite the gentleman." Jimin beamed.

"Only for you."

_

As they were were nearing beautifully decorated entrance, Jungkook and Jimin laid eyes on their friends, who were happily standing at the side.

"What are you guys doing here?" The youngest smiled, him and his fiancé holding hands tightly.

"I wouldn't miss this." Taehyung flicked on his sunglasses, smiling at the couple.

"Wouldn't miss what?" Jungkook lifted a brow, then turned to face the older. "Jimin, what's going on?"

The said male let go of the taller's hand, taking a step back. "Jungkook, we've been through so much together. You were my first friend, first crush, first boyfriend and the first to fully claim my heart."

Everyone cooed at the confession, Jungkook blushing and smiling at the words.

Jimin took a deep breath before continuing. "This journey sure had its ups and downs, but I feel when I'm with you, it's never a down."

With that being said, Jimin got on one knee and pulled out a small velvet box, revealing the ring inside it, smiling at the way the younger gasped and covered his mouth.

"I don't know if that's how it works, since you already proposed, but I want you to have a ring as well." The older smiled. "So, will you accept this ring and marry me?"

"Of course I will!" Jungkook exclaimed happily.

All of their friends cheered, Taehyung popping a champagne bottle, more cheers hitting the engaged couple's ears afterwords.

"Put that ring on it, Jiminie!" Taehyung yelled.

"Yeah, we're waiting!" Hoseok added with a grin.

The older took Jungkook's hand, sliding the ring on the younger's ring finger, receiving another round of cheers and applause.

The taller pulled Jimin up, kissing him deeply and lovingly, then the both shared a warm hug, the males melting into the embrace.

"So cute~" Hoseok squealed. "Now let's get this party started!"

Taehyung cheered, hitting play on the speaker, music blasting through the garden, Jin and Namjoon making sure everyone had a glass of champagne.

"Your proposal definitely beat mine." Jungkook said, coming up to Jimin after the toast, smiling at the older.

"Of course it didn't." Jimin chuckled through the music. "Yours was unforgettable and so special. This is more of a party to celebrate both proposals."

"Well, I love it." The younger smiled. "The party, the ring, the garden. But mostly you."

Jimin laughed, hitting the other's chest playfully. "Stop being so cheesy."

"I'm surprised no one's in the park to interfere."

"Oh." The older smiled. "That's because I rented it out for tonight."

"You never fail to amaze me." Jungkook smiled.

"I wanted this proposal to be perfect." Jimin admitted.

"It was." The younger planted a soft kiss on the smaller's lips. "Just perfect."