18

~the next day~

Jungkook woke up to the sound of different kinds of birds chirping and singing beautifully, that totally replacing the alarm Jungkook had set the other night.

The said male slowly opened his eyes, feeling the warm and bright sunlight hitting his face, illuminating every inch of his smooth, milky skin.

A soft smile spread across the younger's face as his eyes fixated on the beautiful face that belonged to his boyfriend.

Jimin looked oh so peaceful in Jungkook's eyes. The younger adored seeing his boyfriend like that, at peace and undisturbed, because Jungkook knew that was the calmest Jimin could be with all the stress that his career has been causing him.

As the younger continued on (not at all creepily) watching his boyfriend sleep, the alarm on Jungkook's phone suddenly went off.

The said boy jumped, his heart pounding fast, as if it was about to leap out of his chest, which was rising and falling rather quickly again and again.

"Shit..." Jungkook whispered underneath his breath, quickly locating the device, which was making so much noise and tapping the "snooze" button.

In the meantime, Jimin's brows slightly furrowed at the sound. As he opened his eyes and saw his boyfriend wide awake, he gave the younger a lazy smile. "Morning, Kookie."

"Morning, Jiminie." Jungkook sighed, a soft smile plastered on his face. "Sorry for waking you."

Jimin shook his head, indicating that it's totally fine. "What was that for anyway?"

"I have to get to work." Jungkook pouted, lifting his arm to brush Jimin's hair softly with his fingers. "I'll be back by lunch, though."

The older scrunched his brows. "I thought you didn't have to get back to work for a few more days. We promised to go to Tae's sleepover tonight."

"And we will." Jungkook smiled reassuringly, pecking his boyfriend's forehead and getting out of bed. "Don't worry."

With that said, Jungkook quickly threw on an outfit, while Jimin laid in bed, doing nothing but staring at the ceiling. "You didn't tell me you'd be returning to work today. Why?"

Jungkook let out a sigh. He put on a hoodie and walked towards the bed, sitting down on the edge and locking eyes with the older.

"Well?" Jimin spoke again, jis voice calm, yet with a hint of sadness and disappointment.

"I didn't want you to feel sad." Jungkook's expression was serious as he spoke. "I know you're struggling, Jiminie. I loved seeing your bright smile every day on our vacation. I adored the fact that those days were stress-free for you. I want you to be happy and calm."

"I'm not a fragile flower you can just protect from everything, you know?" Jimin frowned. "You should've told me."

"I know, I'm sorry, I just didn't want to remind you of work." Jungkook admitted. "I know it's not as fun as it used to be, I just don't get why you won't quit."

"I love my job. Even if it seems like I'm dealing with a lot right now, I'll be fine." The older smiled.

Jungkook bit his lip while staring at the ground. "Okay..." He whispered, then looked up at his boyfriend and smiled. "I trust you."

Jimin smiled as well, getting up and walking to his boyfriend to give him a kiss. "Don't overwork yourself."

"Of course." Jungkook promised, hugging Jimin and letting go after a few seconds. "Take care." He said as he walked to the door and out of it, flashing one last smile at Jimin, hoping it would make the older feel better.

As soon as Jimin heard the front door shut, he collapsed onto his bed, his eyes travel8ng along the ceiling.

"Meow?" A soft sound echoed through the room.

Jimin turned his head to see one of his cats sitting by the door, observing his owner.

Jimin softly smiled at the cat, then turned his head back to the ceiling, and as he continued staring up for a good minute, the boy didn't even feel the tears that have started rolling down his pale, cold cheeks.

Jimin closed his eyes, finally feeling the fluid on his skin. The feeling of emptiness then engulfed him as he slowly fell back into a peaceful slumber.