Chapter 16: Epilogue

P.O.V: Narration

Time is something that can change everything, but sometimes in rare cases, it can keep everything the same. And for Ron and Hermione Weasley they were kept the same. Fifth-year and sixth-year were as stressful as ever but they kept together. They even managed to keep Harry together over the years. Even after the war, it seemed like they never changed. They even managed to get Harry and Ginny together around the middle of fifth year. Never seen the two so happy before. Thankfully after the wedding, the Malfoys were barely an issue, just really really annoying.

Through thick and thin, trial and error, they did it together. Though if Ron was being honest the only regret he had was that Hermione didn't let him kill Delores Umbridge (the person who originally ordered the blood marriage). Otherwise, things were perfect. Something in the two stayed the same, their love. This, however... this, might kill them through stress alone. At the age of twenty-six, they had to do the most stressful thing they have ever done. After helping to defeat Voldemort, after the Horcrux hunt, this had to be the most stressful thing they have ever done.

Thankfully stressful doesn't mean bad.

"How about Rose," Ron asked looking again at the book of baby names. Hermione looked up from her baby book and smiled.

"You remembered," Hermione squeaked surprised.

"We've been married for eleven years you'd think you have a little more faith in me, of course, I remembered," Ron emitted. He shook his head smiling in a teasing way.

"You'd think after all these years you'd forget something I said when I was fifteen," Hermione snorted rubbing her stomach.

"Why... Rose's were the whole them of our wedding. It would be a wasted opportunity not to name our first daughter Rose," Ron chimed in. Other than that she did love the name. On its own, it was her favourite flower. A symbol of love, a symbol that Hermione had used for their love. It was also her Grandmother's name, she was thankfully still around and excited to meet her first great-grandchild. It would be a fitting tribute.

"I love it," she beamed at her husband.

"Rose it is then, it's also your Grandmas's name. We'll get browny points for that," Ron joked. Hermione stifled a laugh trying not to indulge her Husbands dumb joke. Slightly insensitive but funny was Ron's style of joke. Her grandma would have laughed so Hermione let it slide.

"What about a boy's name?" Hermione asked.

"Hugo, it's your Grandfather's name more browny points," Ron suggested smirking.

"I'm gonna ignore that last comment. But I agree with the name," Hermione agreed happily closing the baby name book.

"Are we gonna be good at this?" Ron whispered. He wanted to be a good father, he had become a good Auror because of how much she pushed him. She had been the reason he tried so hard, he pushed himself through hell... not to impress her but because he loved the way she looked at her when he did well. The happiness in her voice when he showed her that he had done a good job. If she was happy, he was. He knew that he could do this as long as he was there, but sometimes the little voice in your head can be mean.

"We can do this, together like we always have," Hermione reassured.

"I love you," Ron gushed.

"Love you too," Hermione grinned. Ron was right, he never got sick of telling her that. Or hearing her say it back to him. It was the highlight of every conversation with her.

"I love that too," Ron grinned placing a hand on Hermione's enlarged stomach. She placed her hands over his. She smiled at her husband, Hermione leaned over kissing him gently on the lips.

"We can do this. We've done more dangerous things, we've certainly done more stupid things. Most of my family thinks we got married at fifteen because we wanted to, not because we had to. They had a betting pool on our marriage. No one thought we would make it past five years, let alone ten. don't you remember our tenth-anniversary dinner?" Hermione laughed. Ron grinned reminiscing on their family dinner.

"Yeah, your uncle got up made a speech and apologized for the fact that for our fourth wedding anniversary he offered his services as a divorce attorney to you. Said we were a good couple and then your entire extended family handed the equivalent of 60 Galleons to your aunt. Who by the way was smug as all fuck," Ron howled with giddy laughter.

"Remember the dinner where we announced the pregnancy," Hermione chattered.

"Yeah everyone looked over to your aunt and then handed her the equivalent of 80 gallons. She stood up and shook my hand. Then your family explained the secondary betting pool of when I would get you pregnant. Apparently, she was the only one to have any faith in us," He said continuing to laugh. Hermione laughed along with him.

"She loves you," Hermione grinned. Ron blushed at the old memory of their wedding day. No one ever let him forget it, especially Harry.

"Yeah it's been nearly twelve years and Harry let me forget that," Ron grumbled teasingly glaring at his wife.

"Yeah, but it's such a good joke," Hermione jerked giggling profusely.

"You're lucky you're cute," he teased, it was something they said to each other often. Unforcheatly it was the wrong context to use that inside joke.

"Oh, I thought it was only you that was cute," she chuckled. He made an outrageously offended face.

"Ok, now you won't let me forget it," He sighed dramatically making her giggle.

"Why would I, I'm your wife it's one of my jobs to hold thins over your head,"

"God I hope this kid has my sense of humour, and your brain. If they have my brain we're gonna have a problem,"

"If they have your brain they'll be really good at chess,"

"Chess genius or book genius,"

"Or both, you never know that's the thing about having a kid it's a mix of the two of us,"

"They lets hope it's the best damn mix we can get,"

"Your hair and eyes my face, your humour my brain... your chess ability my love of books,"

"We are going to create such a fun nerd," Ron babbled, it was the happiest Hermione had only seen him this happy once, on their wedding day. But now it was all the time, his joy was infectious and she loved every minute of it. She liked watching him smile even deeper than normal when she walked into the room. Or how he could talk for hours about everything and anything to do with the baby. She knew they were ready for this baby no matter what.

"That's the dream," Hermione laughed.

"That's the dream," Ron repeated.