13 | practice

"remember what we practice? i want you to keep on your pace like before okay?" i said, talking to Angel who is eating red apples right now. i watch her mouth munch on those apples while making cute noises. i pat her and rub behind her ears to comfort her and seems like she likes it when i'm doing that.

"i'm gonna leave you to practice on your own. i'll be watching from the office" Coach Yerim said as she pointed towards the office across the field. I watched her walk off and continue my gaze towards the white horse that is 1.5 metre tall, the white-blonde hair fell over her face masking her blue ocean eyes. How can a horse be so beautiful? am i feeling insecure towards my own horse? 

"Let's go, Angel" i called her nickname before slowly pulling the bridle and walk her out of the barn and grabbing the arrows and bows.

As we reached the middle of the field, i pet her one more time before putting my left feet on the stirrup and set my ass on the saddles, setting my right feet on the other side of stirrup. I gently rub her head before we started walking slowly. i will always start off with warming Angel up before starting the practice so that she doesn't feel pressured.

"how are you today Angel?" i asked softly, even though i know i won't be getting answers from her but still, if you have a pet then you know what i mean.

"lemme tell you some good news. We'll be performing together next week! yeay! aren't you excited?" i said excitedly and earned a happy noise from Angel. oh she's such a cutie.

"you ready now? shall we start now?" i ask, ending our warm up and start to prepare my bow and arrows.

"keep your pace, Angel" she start speeding up and my focus turns to the aim board. huh? 5 boards? unusual but i'll try.

i steal a glance at the office and saw the coach staring at me, nodding like she's answering the questions in my mind.

i give signals to Angel for her to speed up a little and start snatching an arrow and aim on the first board. As we almost approached the first board, i shoot the arrow and it almost hit the middle spot, seems like i have to improve my aiming on the second board.

_________________________________________________

As we finished the practice, i set my ass on the nearest stool and eat some apples with Angela. "you did good, Angel" i pat her head give more apples to her. As i was eating the apples, i heard some footsteps approaching us and i looked up to see Coach Yerim with a smile on her face.

"good job, Alya" she pat my shoulder and give a reassuring smile.

"but you need to improve on the first aiming next time" she continued while staring at the first board. i sighed. "you know how it's hard on the first aim" i said, looking down on the ground.

"keep your head high, lady. you did well, no need to be disappoint" she said, raising my chin.

"btw, you never told me you have a boyfriend?" 

i raise my head up and looked at her with a confused face. what? 

"boyfriend? what do you mean? you know i have no time for that" i said and earned a smirk from her.

"well, that's what you said for Yeonjun. but this time it's another guy, not him. you don't have guy friends, only yeonjun so i figured this one might be your boyfriend" she said and then chuckled.

"he's waiting for you outside, don't make him wait for too long" she pointed towards the entrance and make me stand up. i wipe off my sweat, gosh i hope i didn't smell.

as i walk Angel to the barn, i then grab my bag and start to spray some perfume on me and fixed my hair. who is it? i don't have guy friends that much, who could it be? 

as i was approaching the entrance, i saw a guy wearing a cream jacket with black shirt inside. His bag came across his chest from the left shoulder to his right waist. the belt he's wearing is visible enough for me to see with his black long pants. my attention then drove to what he's holding, two drinks in his right hands and i could see he's wearing a ring on his left hand.

i didn't see his face before but i could already recognise him by his dark brown hair covering his forehead and masking his chocolate eyes meanwhile he's lower face is covered with a white clean mask

"seungmin?" his attention was towards the sky before his eyes landed on me when he heard his beautiful name came out from my ugly lips.

"hi" he waved and opened his mask, i could see his bright smile on his face that shine more than the sun.

"what are you doing here?" i asked, going more closer.

"Suni said you're here, so i was thinking, wanna drink with me?" he asked while looking at the drinks on his hand.

i chuckled before answered; "sure, let's have a seat first" i said pointing at the near bench behind him near the fish pond.

"did you wait long?" i asked when he give me the latte. it seems like he bought it from the cafe'.

"sort of, but kind of glad i came early"

"what do you mean?"

"you look so beautiful when you're shooting arrows, let alone while riding a horse" he pointed out the 'riding a horse' part.

i blushed, realised that he watched me practicing with Angela. shit, i must have look ugly when i was training, plus, i mess up on the first arrow. 

"you're really awesome with arrows and bows and also horses."

"yeah but i messed up on the first one."

"ya! you managed to shoot an arrow while riding a horse! that's already talented! i would already failed on riding the horse" he said, raising his voice a little.

"shh slow down a little" i said trying to calm him down. he looks like a puppy with those eyes and behaviour. 

"your horse is beautiful"

"yeah, even i am insecure with her" i said before sipping the latte.

"meanwhile i am insecure with you" i almost choked on my latte hearing that.

"what?" i managed to cough out the words. gosh my throat is burning.

he chuckled a little before answering; "you have those buttered chocolate eyes with darker rays fanning out around the bottomless pit of an iris, swirled with caramel crescent moons. i could be lost in those eyes of yours." i blushed and looked down but as i felt him getting more closer, my eyes betrayed me and stare into him while he's examine my feature.

"you have that perfect skin, with no visible blemishes, unevenness in tone, or damage and those little freckles below your eyes, almost invisible but so beautiful like stars"

"There, the lips of silent passion, curved like an archer's bow to send the sweet arrows out, never failed to amaze me. your lips suits you enough" his thumb slowly caressing my lips, his soft touch. does he even realise what he's doing?

"it's hard for me to hold back from kissing you"