19 | gifts

"for the book" he said, stealing a glance on the book.

_____________________________________________

"no no, you already payed for the ice cream" i said before leaving him there and went to the counter to pay for the book. i then head outside to wait for him while calling Suni as i missed her calls just now.

"where are you?"

"um at a bookstore, everything's okay?"

"yeah, i was just worried as you said you were going back before dark"

"it's ok. Seungmin's with me"

"hm okay, boyfriend material. okay.." i can feel that she's smirking really hard right now.

"shut up" i said, covering my red face.

"hehehe" she snickered.

"Alya? when are you coming home?" i heard Hyeri's voice on the line and smiled before answered; "maybe a little late"

"okay! but please have mercy on us. don't be so late" Hyeri said before returning the phone back to Suni.

"she doesn't know right?

"about what? your date?" i heard footsteps behind me and i turned around to see Seungmin coming out of the store. i smiled at him and signalled him to wait.

"yeah" i respond to Suni's question.

"of course not, she ship you with her brother so hard" i heard some sadness in her tone as she said those words.

"sorry about that Suni" i really am. i never have feelings towards Yeonjun and i tried to set them up multiple times but it didn't work as Yeonjun didn't even notice i was setting them up.

"it's okay"

"i got to go now, bye" i said as i steal a glance on seungmin who is kicking some rocks on the road right now.

"bye, and don't forget to kiss him!" 

"shut up idiot" i blushed before ended the call. i then walk closer to seungmin and smiled at him. he looked up and smiled back at me and asked; "done?"

i nodded in return before we continue walk along the path side by side. we are so close to each other right now that my left hand constantly brushed against his right hand.

"btw, i saw you were reading Twilight earlier?" i asked, turning my head to look at him as he just stare at the ground with a smile on his face.

"yeah, i heard it's popular so i want to give it a try" he said before raising the paper bag from the bookstore on his left hand.

"you bought all four?" he nodded in response.

"have you read it?" he now facing me with eyebrows raised. "yeah, i really love the book. want me to spoil it?" i asked, smirking. "nah, it won't be fun to read after that knowing how the story goes" i just hummed in his response before we went completely silence.

"oh right!" he broke the silence and i saw him taking out something from his jeans pocket. it's a small box, more like a ring box

wait a minute. wtf is going on?!

"here. open it" he said, handing me the ring box. i was hesitating at first before i opened it. there was a round silver ring and there's a 'Love Stay' carved on it and i gasped.

"you got me the LoveStay ring?!" i almost shout and then darted my eyes on him then the ring before jumping around happily. he just giggled on my reactions.

"do you know how much i want this ring!?"i said while jumping around and earned a nod from Seungmin.

"try it on" he said and i almost immediately took the ring out of the box and examine it and wanting try it on before Seungmin stop me by grabbing my hand.

"wait, let me do it" he said, smiling so widely, giving me butterflies in my stomach. he then softly rub the back of my hand before he slide the ring in. i gasped at how it fit perfectly. i was about to retrieve my hand before Seungmin grab it again. i was confused, and stare at him as he rub the ring softly.

i was about to say something but immediately cut off by seungmin giving a quick kiss on my hand. i was stunned, my face became more red than before, maybe more red than a tomato.

"i know you're still single. so do you want to be my girlfriend?" he asked, with puppy eyes glowing and him biting his lips nervously.

it took me a second to process what he just said. this is not what i thought about after breaking the 4th realm with my idol. right, he's an idol. and i am a fan. we shouldn't be more than that right? i don't even know if my feelings towards him are true feelings or just some fan love thing since i am his fangirl. i don't want to hurt him in the future if it's fan love.. i should say no right?

my world would completely turned upside down once i say yes. i won't be the normal ordinary girl anymore, i will be the famous idol's girlfriend and my face would be everywhere, people will look for my flaws and imperfect just to tear me apart. right?

"i-i..i'm sorry, seungmin" i said and didn't dare to look at the disappointment in his face.

"no no what i meant um" i panicked, he misunderstood me didn't he? or did he regret asking me out? right, who won't?

"i just need some time to think" i looked up to him nervously and saw his lips curled up into a smile. why is he smiling? i didn't say yes right? why is he happy? 

"i won't force you" he said, before moving closer to me and kiss me on my forehead. my heart stop for a moment and my breathing became unstable. stop, focus alya!

"t-thanks"

"oh right, another gift" i sighed, staring at him in disbelief. this guy really is something.

"here" i looked down on what he was holding and immediately froze before taking a few step back.

"you've got to be kidding me"

"do i look like i'm kidding" he scoffed.

he is now holding two VIP tickets of the upcoming SKZ Chocolate Factory on February. HOLY SHIT. WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?

"my hands are getting tired" he groaned and rolled his eyes on me before smirking at my reaction. i then slowly walk closer and take the tickets from him. i stare at the ticket, still didn't believe what just happened.

"you want me to slap you so that you realise this is not a dream" he asked, and wink at me.

"no thanks, my face is too beautiful for your hand to handle" i scoffed and he gasped dramatically and put a hand on his chest with wide mouth.

"you really have to stop hanging out with Hyunjin"