28 | rough day

as i saw seungmin out of my sight, i walked straight pass my apartment. it's 8pm now and i need to pick up Rokkie from Suni's house.

her house is just a few minutes walk from my apartment so i didn't bother to use my car.

i am really grateful to have a friend like Suni. she was there since the beginning and never leave me like others did. so i promised myself that i would repay her by being there for her till our last breath.

i didn't even hesitate as i knocked on her door. i was slightly surprised as it was not Suni but Hyeri who answered the door.

"come in. rokkie is taking a bath" she said, stepping aside a little, giving me space to come in.

the moment i came in, i almost immediately recognised the smell of fried chicken. 

"fried chicken?" i asked, raising my eyebrow, turning my head to Hyeri who is behind me.

before she could answer, the footsteps from the kitchen can be heard,  "yeah, yeonjun bought it"  i suddenly choked on air, mouth fall agape, eyes wide open as the name came out from Suni's mouth.

"y-yeonjun?" my steps stop at the hallway as i stuttered.

it's been months since i met him,  jin yeonjun.

the sound of the water shower stops and giggles from the bathroom can heard from the hallway,  "who is with Rokkie right now?" i asked, more like a whisper but they both still manage to catch up every single word.

before they could answer it, my eyes catch the sight of two boys in front of me. 

a guy with glasses wearing black turtle neck, sleeves rolled till his elbow, his way brown hair covering his forehead a little, Rokkie in his arms with towel wraps around his waist.

"alya?" he muttered under his breath, stopping on his tracks.

"eomma!" the boy shout happily, wiggling in the older's arms. my heart softens at the sight.

i walked towards them, my eyes on my sunshine. i can feel yeonjun's eyes on me but i shrugged it off.

i stopped right in front of them, didnt even bother with the small gap between us as my focus is only on my son.

"hey baby" i said softly, with a smile plaster on my face. i immediately slap myself mentally as i realised yeonjun tensed a little at the nickname, probably misunderstood a little.

before he can say anything, i take Rokkie in my arms and walked off to the living room, making eye contacts with my two bestfriend who just froze there.

"where's your clothes?" i asked the boy in my arms who has his hands wrapped around my neck.

"there!" he pointed towards the small folded clothes sitting comfortably on the plain dark couch.

i sit on the couch and reached for the clothes before slowly unfold it and dressed Rokkie, giggling as we made eye contact. it's cute.

Suni then came in the living room, sitting on the opposite couch, staring at me dressing Rokkie.

"hey" i muttered, eyes still on Rokkie.  "hi" she said, before my eyes land on hers. 

"where are they?" i asked, quickly darting my eyes on Rokkie, trying to ease the awkwardness.

i saw her raising her head a little as she glance on the hallway in the corner of my eyes,  "siblings talk, i guess" she muttered and i just nodded at her.

"eomma, let's have dinner here! Uncle Yeonjun brought some fried chicken" i was about to say no but immediately stops myself as i recalled that my parents were at my apartment.