Chapter 25

A/N: Hey! Sorry for the disappearance. Life got hetic and I lost my motivation for writing but these next two chapter I wrote before all that happened. So i hope you guys enjoy and i'll be updating more frequently. <3

~Layla POV~

We were on our way to the studio for pyramid

We were on our way to the studio for pyramid. Ms. Abby asked my mom to bring our little sister Heaven with us. I'm pretty sure that she's going to be on the team and that's the change that Ms. Abby was talking about. I know the moms are going to be upset and I hope it doesn't turn into a big fight.

~Skipping to pyramid~

So we walked into pyramid and Ms. Abby just had Heaven walk in with us. The moms were already questioning us in the dressing room but our mom didn't say or give any hints.

Abby- Girls, last week was a disappointment. Chole was our only overall winner. That is not the dancers I trained you to be. We should win first place in every category we are in. I don't want that to happen again. Now onto the pyramid. Let's start at the top. No surprise, Chloe you're on top because you were the only winner. You represented the ALDC well. Next is Nia. Even though the group got 4th you did your parts well. Then we have Kendall. You got 2nd in your solo. You applied the corrections but, when are you going to place first as Kendall. You can place first with everyone else but not by yourself. First on the bottom, we have the trio. You guys are my top girls. I expect more from you. You girls aren't second place dancers and I don't ever want that to ever happen again. Next, we have Mackenzie. You forgot your solo on stage. When are you going to stop doing cutezee dances and start dancing like a junior. It's time to grow up. That brings me to the new face in the room, Heaven. She's also the twins' little sister. Honey, would you like to come up and introduce yourself?

Heaven- Hi my name is Heaven and I'm 9 years old. I've been dancing since I was 3 years old and I also love acting.

Abby- Any titles?

Heaven- I have a couple first overalls. Little and Junior Miss StarBound and a national title winner for Star Power as Premier Petite Miss Starpower.

Abby- Congratulations honey.

Jill- So, what was the reason for bringing her on the team?

Abby- I needed a winner for all age groups. I thought I had Mackenzie for the mini division when she meets the cutoff but she proved me wrong. The twins will be teens soon and I have Maddie and Chloe for junior. 

Holly- What about the other girls? These are the girls that you've trained since they were little?

Abby- I have trained them and they disappointed me last week. So if I have to bring people in again to push them then I will. 4th place is not acceptable. Every divison cut off is different for every competion so sometimes Heaven and Mackenzie will comepete in junior.  Heaven is going to push my juniors to do better. 

Holly- How do you know that? You haven't had her that long! The dances she performed she had weeks or  months to go over.

Abby- But I've watched her danced over the years. She has some of the skills that the older girls have and some of the skills they don't have.

Christi- So help them and train them better. Don't replace them. These are your students. They just got here from another studio.

Abby- I don't care. They wanted to come here and I wanted them. So they're here. Get over it. Lets get onto assignments. We are going to Masters of Dance in Michigan. The group is called Not About Angels. It's a very dark lyrical piece. Next is a duet with Maddie and Chloe called We're All Right. The solos are Heaven, Nia, and Kendall. Kendall, your solo is called Masked. It has a prop and I want a win. Heaven, your solo is called Free as a Bird. It's a lyrical solo and it's going to push you a little. Nia, your solo is called Breaking My Heart. It's a musical theater number. You three will be going up against each other. One of you better win.Lyric and Layla, I'm giving you guys just the group this week. I think you guys need a break to get your fire back and I want to see if your sister can shine and lead us to a victory. That's everything. Moms you're dismissed. Girls spread apart.

~Upstairs~

~Staci POV~

I already knew there was going to be an argument because of Heaven being here. So I was preparing myself while sitting in the viewing room.

Christi- So should we address the elephant in the room?

Jill- Yes. I'm glad you brought it up. Why is Heaven here?

Staci- Abby called and asked for me to bring her in today. I had no idea what she was going to do.

Holly- But you had to have a little bit of an idea. This is the day we always do pyramid.

Staci- Yes. But I didn't expect her to be on the team. Maybe travel for a weekend but definitely not take anyone's spot on the team.

Christi- I just don't like how your kids get everything handed to them. These kids have been at this studio since they started dancing. You just walked in the door.

Staci- Okay. But how is that my problem? Then they should be the best they could be with going to the same teachers. Get your kids the extra help if needed. Work with other dance teachers online or in person. That's what my girls did. It's not going to hurt them to put in more time outside of their dance classes. In the summertime they should dance at different intensive programs to help strengthen their craft on top of booty camp.

Holly- But if they're always dancing then when do they have time to be regular kids and spend family time? Or go on vacation and just relax?

Staci- If they want to do regular kids things then you both need to think about if they want to become a professional dancer or not? Because not everyone is going to make it in the industry.

Moms- Yeah.