Chapter 14

~Layla ~

We were getting ready for the group dances in the dressing room

We were getting ready for the group dances in the dressing room. Jill said something that set Abby off.
Jill- Abby, how is it fair that Layla got privates to practice her solo and Kendall didn't
Abby- Cause Kendall doesn't work hard enough. She could have come anytime and asked to work on it but she didn't. Her solo was done before Layla's.
Jill- If Kendall would have went and asked I don't think you would have worked with her.
Abby- Well, that's what you think. We don't have time for this. Girls come line up in front of me. Select team, you have a pretty lyric dance that could win but you have less people so the judges can see every mistake. After the select team is done, we're coming back and getting ready for solos, then the duet, and last the junior group dance. OK girls lets go.
~Walks back stage~
We going over the dance on more time before we went on stage.
Announcer- Please welcome to the stage #221 Wild Horses.

I think we did great. We were walking back to the dressing room and when we walked in Ms. Abby was so proud of us.
Abby- Girls, that was great. I think everyone had great emotion and you all fixed the corrections I gave you. Now lets get ready for solos and the duet.
We were finishing up our hair when Ms. Abby wanted to talk to us.
Abby- Now girls, I want you to go out there and be the dancers that I've trained. You all have winning numbers, no matter how much time you got to practice it. Layla and Maddie I'm going to go through your dance first.
~Going over the dance~
Abby- Kendall, you're next since your Mom thinks I should have given you more privates.
~Giving corrections and going over dance~
Abby- OK, Lyric lets see it.
~Going over dance~
Abby- Alright girls time to walk.
Maddie and I were waiting for them to call us to the stage. To be honest, I'm kinda nervous but I have to push past that and do my best.
Announcer- Welcome to the stage #300 Photograph 

We got a standing ovation. Maadie and I were hugging each tightly. Up next was Kendall. We all wished her good luck.
Announcer- Welcome to the stage # 305 Raise and Fall

I think she did good, but I don't think she was happy with her performance. Up next was Lyric. We our secret handshake and she was called to stage.
Announcer- Welcome to the stage # 307 Young and Beautiful 

She did great. When she came off stage, we walked back to the dressing room. When we walked in all of the moms were clapping and saying how well we did. It got quiet when Ms.Abby walked in.
Abby- Girls, that was great. Just a few things. Lyric coming out of the front aerial, you kinda of bobbled, so we need to work on that. Kendall, I think you played it safe and you could have attacked more and showed more emotion.
Jill- Well, if gave Kendall the extra practice time like everyone else then she would have done better. But you only give that to your favorites.
Abby- If Kendall wanted to work hard and win all the time or become a favorite them she would work harder. She would take extra classes and work at home not just in the studio.
Jill- Well if Kendall was home schooled then she would have that time but she doesn't she goes to school, so she can have friends outside of dance and a normal kid.
Staci- My kids wanted to be home schooled. They have other activities other than dance. They also do the same amount of hours as your girls, so that's no excuse.I always tell my kids if you want it work hard for it. I'm done with this conversation. I'm tired of my kids getting talked about for something they work hard for.
Abby- I agree with Staci 100%. If you want it work for it.
After that we all sat down and ate lunch.