Chapter 19

~Layla POV~  

It was the day of the competition

It was the day of the competition. I was super nervous to do my solo. Ms. Abby wants a clean sweep and if I lose she's going to be really mad. I'm happy that my family is here because they always help me calm down. Lyric and I are major daddy's girls.
Layla- Daddy, I'm super nervous
Dad- Just take deep breaths and act like your in dance room at home
Layla- OK. Thanks daddy.
After that, we left and went into the dressing room to get ready.
Abby- Frist is solos, then duet and trio, and last the group dances. So let's get ready and remember girls your family is watching you.
~After getting ready and running over dances~
Abby- OK girls it's time to walk. I want everyone to go out there and do their best and have a clean sweep.
First up was Mackenzie

I think she did great. Next was Nia

She did amazing. I was next.

I think that I did OK but it could have been better. We'll have to see what Ms.Abby says. We walk into the dressing room and everyone said that we all did great.

Abby- Girls, i think you all did great. Its going to be a close race for first place. Lets get ready for the duet and trio.
~After getting ready and going over the dances~
I was backstage with Lyric giving her a pep talk and helping her and her partner go over their partner work. I could tell that she was really nervous but I think that they are going to do great.
The trio was first up

They did amazing. Lyric was up next

They did perfect. Now it was time for the group dance.
~After getting changed~
Abby- Girls, this is the final routine of the day. It needs to be just as amazing as all of the your other dances today. I want a clean sweep. So go out their apply your corrections and win.
We were all excited for this group dance because its not something the we do every week.

I think that we are going to win first place with this dance. Now its time for awards.
Announcer- Top 3 junior solos, 3rd place is Janet with Angel, 2nd place is Mackenzie with Out Of My Mind, 1st place is Mia with Goodbye Mya. Top 3 preteen solos, 3rd place is Julia with Diva, 2nd place is Lilly with Party, 1st place is Layla with The Queen. Top 3 junior duo and trios, 3rd place is Love story, 2nd place is Fame, 1st place with a perfect score is Le Corsaire. Top 3 junior groups, 3rd place is My life, 2nd place is Let me entertain you, 1st place is Grown Woman.
We all ran back to the dressing room yelling and screaming. Everyone was so happy even Mrs. Abby.
Abby- Girls, we got our clean sweep. I'm so proud of everyone and i will see you all next week.