Chapter 5

~Lyric~
When we got back to the dressing room Mrs. Abby was so proud of us.
Abby- Layla and Lyric you did great for only running you dance twice with me. Maddie and Chloe you did great but Chloe you fell out of your last turn.
Jill- Abby, why didn't you give original members of the team an duet?
Abby- Cause I can count on Layla and Lyric to go and practice on their own.
Jill- That's because they don't go to school.
Staci- Um excuse me, my do 6 hours of school work a day. They decided they wanted to be home-schooled to focus on dance. They're also home-schooled because they also do rhythmic gymnastic to work on their flexibility.
Holly- But, you should want your children to have a life out side of dance and gymnastic. They should go to school and have time to be a normal kid.
Staci- They don't want to do that. If they did, they would be going to public school.
Christi- Well, they shouldn't have done a duet. You should have said 'No Abby. Chloe and Maddie will do just fine'.
Staci- I will never pull any of my girls dances unless they tell me they don't want to do themselves or they're hurt.
Christi- Then you're just like Melissa. You'll do anything to get your daughters ahead. No matter if it hurts the other kids.

Staci- I would never want to hurt another kids feelings. I'm doing what I have to do to make my kids happy. I have 10 kids I have to look after, I do everything they need for them to be happy. I don't do anything to get my children ahead they push themselves to be the best and to get better. All my kids do sports and have hobbies. I spend thousands and thousands of dollars on sports and hobbies a month. So don't tell me that I should pull my daughters' dances. Yeah, your kids might be happy but, you're not the one that's going to have to deal with two crying girls because they can't do something they love. Layla and Lyric, come do your gymnastic stretches for the group dance.

Abby- Moms, all of you need to stop picking on the kids that are better then yours. Why can't you be like your daughters and welcome them and make them feel comfortable. Girls start stretching for the group dances. Moms, I don't want to hear another word about someone pulling their kids dances so yours can get it instead.
So after that fight it was very quiet in the dressing room. We started to get ready for the group. We were headed to the stage, when we ran into Cathy.
Cathy- Hey Abby. I see you added two new members to your team.
Abby- I did. They are amazing.
Cathy- I've seen them preform a few times and I think they would make dandy apples. What do you say girls? Would you like to become a Candy Apple?
Layla & Lyric- No!
Staci- My girls are just fine at ALDC.
Abby- We would love to stay and chat but we have a group dance to preform.
With that we walked away and headed backstage. We were up first.

I think we did great. Up next was Candy Apples.

They did amazing. Now its time for awards.
Announcer- Lets start with junior solos. 5th place is Julia with Say Something. 4th lace is Olivia with Cry. 3rd place is Carly with See You Again. 2nd place is Maddie with Fool me Once. We have a tie for 1st place Layla with Tears of an Angel and Lyric with Vol De L'Aime. Next are junior duets and trios. 3rd place is Maddie and Chloe with Confessions. 2nd place is Evan and Alyssa with Star Aligned. 1st place is Layla and Lyric with Hypnotized. Now for junior groups 2nd pace is Abby Lee Dance Company with Arabian Knights. 1st place is Candy Apples Dance Studio with Love Letter.
After awards, Layla and I ran back to the dressing room to see our mom. When we got their we gave her a big hug. When Mrs. Abby came in everyone got silent.
Abby- Maddie and Chloe you got 3rd in your duet. Maddie you got 2nd in your solo. The group also got second. Layla and Lyric, I;m proud of you because you won with a duet you learned in 3 hours and both of you placed 1st in your solos. That doesn't happen very often. You also won for me and the Abby Lee Dance Company. And I'm looking forward to seeing you next week. See everyone at pyramid.
After that the moms started bickering.
Christi- I love how Abby comes in a praises your girls but tells everyone else they were awful.
Staci- What do you want me to do about it. There's nothing I can do.
Holly- Tell Abby that the other girls did great too. Not just your girls
Jill- Your kids only won because they got the most privates, without those privates they would have lost. Our kids also go to school all day. Your kids can choose when to go to school and when not.
After Jill said that Layla and I started crying.
Staci- Shut up! Your making my daughters cry! My kids had two privates to work on the duet! They practiced themselves and worked on their solos by themselves. You say them rehearsal their solos in the studio! So don't say they wouldn't have won without knowing all the facts! Girls, get your stuff, we're leaving.
We started packing and Mrs. Abby said something.
Abby- Why do you moms always go after people's kids that might be better than you kid! They did amazing and they didn't have any privates to rehears their solos!
After she said that, we were done packing. Mrs. Abby cam over and gave us a hug.
Abby- Will they be their Monday?
Staci- Yes, they will. I'm not going to let these moms get in the way of my daughters' happiness.
Abby- I'm glad to hear that. I'll see you guys Monday.
Layla and Lyric- Bye Mrs. Abby.
And then we left to go home.