[Texting and changing]

Gregory looked up at the sky. The sun was not there yet, but he could see it's luminosity starting to appear on the sky. Meaning that it was around six AM. He got up, trying to take all the leafs he had on his clothes off. Today school started at nine AM for him but he still had around twenty minutes of walk and a hour of bus. On other words, he needed to get going. Even though, he was curious. That boy he saw yesterday was still asleep a bunch of feet next to him. The thing is, he was on the same exact position as yesterday, and it scared Gregory a bit. Was he dead or something? Maybe he was just not the kind of moving in his sleep. Gregory walked toward the boy, wanting to know and also to make sure he wasn't peacefully sleeping next to some dead body. Eww.  

He looked down at the boy's face. There was a red mark on his skin, looking like a punch. Nothing much, though. At least he was not dead, that's for sure. He walked back as the boy's blue sky eyes opened. He looked at Gregory, visibly surprised of his presence.

<< - Hello there. I'm sorry for waking you up but you were asleep on the floor and I was kinda scared. Are you okay? >>

The boy looked even more surprised. He sat on the floor and looked up at Gregory.

<< - Well.. I... I'm, but it's.. It's not..

- Take your time. >>

Gregory sat down just in front of the boy. He looked around his age, maybe a bit smaller? He had light blue-green eyes, and dark brown hair.

<< - Do you have some kind of social phobia, or anything that kind of makes it hard for you to talk with strangers? >>

The other boy looked a bit confused.

<< -Maybe? I.. Well, I guess...

- Alright! I can totally understand your situation, see, but I can't just let you here without making sure you're fine and know your way back home. Do you know where we are?

- No.

- Do you want me to help you?

- .. No. >>

Gregory looked surprised.

<< - Why?

- Uhm.. I.. I am pretty sure I can..

- You can?

- Find a way back home.. Myself.

- Mh. I see.

- Hey?

- Mh?

- Your name?

- Is Gregory. What about you?

- Evan. >>

Gregory smiled as he looked up at the sky again.

<< - Hey, hum, Evan, do you know what time it is? >>

Evan looked up at the other boy, soon he held out his arm so Gregory could see his watch.
6:48 AM.

<< - Thank you, I lost mine yesterday. It was nice meeting you, perhaps, I need to get going. Bye! >>

As Gregory started walking away, the boy called him one last time.

<< - Yes?

- Here, please. >>

He said as he gave his phone to Gregory so he could write his own number in it. Gregory smiled.

<< - Text me, so maybe we can meet again soon. >>

Gregory said as he walked away.

<< - Bye >>

Evan responded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gregory's day at high school was quite different than usually. He seemed in a better mood, and some people came talk to him at lunch. One of them was a girl called Susie. She was nice, but a bit too.. dumb, for Gregory. The other was called Cassidy. They looked like they wanted to be anywhere but next to Gregory. Though, as the time passed, they started acting nicer. They where both really funny, and soon enough they became Gregory's friends. They spent the rest of the day with other friends. Looks like Gregory was starting to need socialization. Which doesn't mean he was going to look for more friends, but he was pretty happy of having those.

First thing he did once he was home was checking his phone he had forgotten yesterday night. The first thing he noticed was a notification, a text from an unknown number, more likely Evan. The text was short, but self explanatory; << Hello. It's me. >>. Gregory soon responded to his new friend that was visibly already home since he immediately talked back. Started a long conversation between the two boys, Gregory talking about his day and asking all kind of questions, Evan responding with short sentences. Really short sentences. Happily for Gregory, as the days passed and the boys kept talking, Evan started sending what can really be called sentences, and also started to "make fun" of Gregory's incredible life, as he joked around the smaller boy's fascinating adventures in his own garden.