[A choice made - Freaks]

It has been three months since Gregory left this world, and Evan's heart followed. Everyday had been horrible, and the pain deep in his mind wouldn't stop growing, more and more. But now, it was worse than ever. Christmas was approaching. Only a few more days. Three weeks ago, Evan celebrated alone his and Gregory's one year anniversary. And today, he was celebrating alone once again, this time, Gregory's birthday. Last year when they met, Gregory didn't tell him about his birthday. Evan and Gregory ended never celebrating his birthday together, so he was trying to make it up.

Evan got up early in the morning. He wanted to get ready for that occasion.

He walked to the store, wearing that one yellow sweatshirt Gregory loved. He said it matched his eyes. Evan was wearing makeup, to hide the black under his blue eyes. What kind of boyfriend would show up at his significant other's place looking like he hadn't sleep in four months? He wanted to look great, the same way Gregory looked stunning for his own birthday. Evan could only remember how amazing he looked in that white coat. The coat that hosted his last day of life, his last tears, his last blood lost. Their last hug and the last tears Evan left on Gregory's shoulder too. His beautiful shoulder. Gregory's body was simple but amazing. He sure was really attractive. Even if people at school didn't like him, most girls and some boys agreed that he is really pretty. His skin was slightly tanned and as clean as a baby's. It was somehow shiny and soft. It's like puberty never hit him. 

Evan entered the store. All the flowers were pretty and smelt amazingly. But one bouquet caught his attention particularly.

Evan's body was way different. His skin was as white as snow and too thin, so thin that you could feels his bones through it. You could see his veins and his blood in some parts of his body as well. Not to forget the freckles all around his members. Particularly visible on his back, his nose, his forehead, his hands and, his shoulders. There was also that one big birthmark. It was way darker than the rest of his skin. It was long and irregular, you could see it going from his hip to his knee. That's one of the reasons Evan ever wears shorts. Gregory had a birthmark too, on the back of his hand. He would put on some rings and give that mark a certain power, making it look weirdly great. That's another thing Evan loved about him.

Evan walked out of the store with two bouquets of white roses. They were shinny and smelt like freedom, something Evan wanted to make sure Gregory could get. And his sister too, by the way.

Gregory always had loved and admired Evan. He would compliment him a lot and remember him how much he loves him. Evan was sensible, and he needed that a lot. And just like everyone else, Gregory needed to hear these things too. Only did Evan keep his thoughts about his boyfriend for himself. He knew it, anyone else would've ditched him for not making them feel great about themselves, but Evan really couldn't help. So he was happy that Gregory was different. He didn't need Evan to use words to understand his compliments and affection marks towards him. They were cut perfectly to fit with each other. Evan could never manage to find someone cut the same exact way as Gregory.

The flowers were kept together by a rope made out of straw. It looked natural and kept the flowers from taking their freedom too far and flying away. Evan wanted to free Gregory, but to keep him at least a bit close, still.

Evan and Gregory were like a paper. One single paper someone torn up. If someone torn up another paper, no one of the paper pieces would fit with Evan's. Same goes for any other paper piece that could ever exist. Evan had his piece, and Gregory had his. They were the same paper, and they fit perfectly together, which means that they couldn't get any other piece to fit them the same way. To fill the whole in their paper.