𝗖. 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘.

'' And I got that red lip classic thing that you like
And when we go crashing down, we come back every time
'Cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style
You got that long hair, slicked back, white T-shirt
And I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt
And when we go crashing down, we come back every time. ''

╭ ・ $$$ ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ―

Taiju and Yume sat on the floor of Yume's new house.
At just the age of sixteen, Yume had enough savings to rent an apartment.
Her mom had taken the money out of Yume's account, since Yume wasn't able to rent one due to her age.
Yume couldn't stand being at her mother's apartment.
It still felt like Baji was there, and her sadness just became bigger.
Her own apartment just had a bedroom and a bathroom, one big kitchen and a living room with a chimney and beautiful windows with great views.
''Let's see... what have you bought me this year?" Yume said as her cheeks were pink, excited for opening the gifts with Taiju.
He had bought her a white christmas tree, where they both had placed their gifts for each other the day before.
Yume opened the small red box, where she found a golden ring with a shiny stone on the middle of it.
"Are you going to propose?" She said as she looked at him with wide eyes.
"No, not just yet." Taiju told her as he laughed at her words, making her sigh in relief.
"I wasn't ready to get married at this age. Thank God." She said as she put the ring on her finger, looking at it from different angles.
"I love it, Taiju!" She said as she hugged him, as he wrapped his arms around her waist, smiling as his cheeks turned slightly pink.
It was their first Christmas together.
And they couldn't be any happier.
"Open yours now, come on!" She told Taiju, as she placed two boxes on his legs.
She had bought him two gifts.
Taiju opened the boxes hesitantly.
There was a pijama in one of them, a simple red plaid button up shirt with matching pants.
He chuckled as he saw it. It had his initial embroidered on it too.
She quickly ran to her room as she brought another pijama.
It was the same as his, but it had her initial instead.
"Now you can sleep here whenever you want!" She said as she grinned, making Taiju's heart beat faster.
He had always wanted to be able to sleep with the girl whenever he wanted, but she always told him that she liked sleeping alone better.
So he respected her choice.
"I love it, Yume. Thank--" "Open the other one, come on!" She said as she hurried him, making him open the small box.
It was a copy of the keys to her apartment, and there was a letter on it.
'Would you like to be my boyfriend?' Was written on it on Yume's neat handwriting.
Taiju's heart stopped beating for a second, as he opened his mouth, but no words came out.
The girl looked at him in excitement, but she quickly felt sad as the boy didn't say anything.
He looked up at her, noticing that her eyes were filled with tears.
"N-No, Yume! I am just shocked! Of course I do want to be your boyfriend!" He said as he hugged her tightly, as the girl kept hitting his back.
"You shithead! I got worried!" She said as she pouted, as he let go of her body.
"Why did you take so long to finally accept me?" He asked her, wanting to know why she would ask him this out of nowhere.
He had asked the girl out about fifteen times, and she always said no everytime.
Yet she had been in love with him from the first day he knew about him.
"I... I never realized what love was, since you're the first person that has shown me what romance is, so all this time... I thought I just had grown attachment to you. But as soon as Baji left... I realized I've been in love with you since I met you." She says as she looks to the floor.
Taiju had never felt so happy in his life.
It felt weird, that his heart would beat so fast by such simple words, and the fact that he was blushing.
He had never blushed before in his entire life.
He hadn't loved before in his entire life.
But Yume... just made his knees weak everytime.
He liked feeling like a baby around her.
He grabbed her face and kissed her, fearing that anything could happen to them tomorrow.
Because the war was about to start.