HAKKAI.

SHE MADE BEING A BROTHER SEEM LIKE A TREASURE.

The day Hakkai met Yume was a day he could remember with complete clarity

The day Hakkai met Yume was a day he could remember with complete clarity. He made sure to engrave the clothes she wore, the way she portrayed herself and how she made him feel right into his brain; forever.

"Hey, are you Taiju's little brother? I came to drop off these papers to him, don't read them, they're like statistics and some more nerdy shit he's into lately because Koko talked him into keeping records of the gang, whatever..." Yume said, nervously blabbering as the tall boy stared into her eyes, holding the handle of the door while Yume stood outside with a box full of papers in her hands.
Her hair was messily braided and she wore her disorganized school uniform, her backpack slinging over her shoulder.
He noticed the badge with her school's name, recognizing it's the same as Taiju's.
Her eyes were like a sunrise to him, maybe it was because she made him feel like the night was finally over, or simply because they were as beautiful as a golden sunrise.
Looking lower, she noticed the tattoo on her neck, wondering the reason why she would choose something like that.
The necklace with the surname 'Baji' hanging from her neck, as if it was a trophy she was proud of having.
Was she proud of her family?

Hakkai shook his head in an attempt to shake off his thoughts.
He didn't know the girl, he couldn't allow himself to fall for appearances like this.
But he felt like it was something deeper than attraction. He knew she had many secrets he was willing to discover.
He took a step to the side in silence, Yume tilted her head in curiosity and let herself in, looking around the apartment.
"This is my first time inside, and wow! You guys really know how to live." She said in awe, staring at the luxurious apartment and everything inside of it.
'If only you knew.'
Yume walked into Taiju's office and quickly came out with nothing in her hands, a sheepishly smile on her face while her hands were behind her back, held together.

"Hey, my name is Yume. Yume Baji. If Taiju gives you a hard time, just be patient, okay? He's a weird guy. It must be shitty to live with him. Don't get in trouble, okay?" She mentioned suddenly, making Hakkai's heart skip a beat.
Did she know about their situation at home?
Whatever she knew, it felt good that someone wasn't telling him to reach out for help or stand up.
He also needed someone to understand his own problems and insecurities.
With a sweet smile, Yume stood on the tip of her toes and reached out for Hakkai's head, placing her hand on top of it.
Saying nothing else, she walked out through the door, closing it behind her, leaving Hakkai to stare outside the window as the girl walked away, the sight of her silhouette never leaving his mind.

Their next encounter was a rather special one.
Hakkai had finally joined Toman, after the request of Mitsuya.
"Mikey! Yume is comin' to pick me up! Tell Draken to give you a ride!" Baji screamed at Mikey who sat against a tree by the shrine, all of the captains and vice-captains of Toman hanging out together.
"Yume-san is coming?" Mitsuya perked up at the mention of the girl, a bright smile appearing on his face, making Hakkai stare at him in curiosity.
"I haven't seen her in a while! Last time she said she was getting her own division in the Black Dragons! She's so cool!" Chifuyu exclaimed with another bright smile.
At the mention of Black Dragons, Hakkai wanted to facepalm himself as he realized who she was.
Ever since he joined Toman, he would keep hearing about Baji's super cool older sister that everyone adored, though he has never met or seen her, only heard stories.
He remembered Yume and the surname Baji, but he never thought he would be met with such a coincidence like this.
He couldn't help but smile to himself, excited to see her again.

"Chifuyuuu~" Yume hummed as she got to the top of the stairs, a cheeky smile on her face as she opened her arms widely, allowing a smiling Chifuyu to hug her.
"Yume-san! I've missed you!" He said, letting go of the girl and allowing the rest of them to greet her.
"I see you off to school everyday, don't exaggerate!" She said, ruffling his hair as she laughed.
Could he ever get as close as Chifuyu to her?
No, did he want that type of relationship with her?
He didn't want to be just another little brother to her.

As Yume chatted with everyone, she hadn't noticed Hakkai yet.
Was he so irrelevant to her?
Or was he simply too boring to be noticed?
"Yume-san, you haven't met my vice-captain yet." Mitsuya said as he grabbed Hakkai's arm, pulling him to in front of the girl.
"This is Hakkai! Please take good care of him." Mitsuya exclaimed, bowing ninety degrees at her.
Yume stared at him for a minute in silence, no expression on sight.
Suddenly, a smile appeared on her face.
"We meet again, Hakkai." She said happily, a mix of colors going up to Hakkai's cheeks.
"Pleased to meet you, Yume Baji! Please take good care of me!" Hakkai said loudly before bowing down at her, adrenaline rushing through him by the sudden courage to talk to her.
"I will take good care of you." She said before getting down to his level while he bowed, unable to stand straight from the embarrassment he felt from blushing in front of her.
Her hand rested on his back, her eyes staring into his as she smiled.
She quickly stood back up, walking towards Baji.
"Let's get going now, Keisuke."
Could he ever be so loved as a brother? If he had been born in Keisuke's place, would everything be better?
Yume just made being a younger brother sound like a pleasant dream, one that he knew would never get to live.

"Taka-chan, can you tell me more about Yume? I finally got her number, but I don't want to bother her with questions." Hakkai asked his best friend as they sat on the bench of a park, watching Mitsuya's sisters play.
"You sure like Yume, huh? That's the effect she leaves on everyone..."

REMINDER!These are short special stories about Yume and the characters!

REMINDER!
These are short special stories about Yume and the characters!