𝘰𝘯𝘦

[unedited]

The walls around me screeched, moving at a rapid pace, the steel bars caging me inside threatened to give with each movement

The walls around me screeched, moving at a rapid pace, the steel bars caging me inside threatened to give with each movement. The closer I'd gotten to my unknown destination, the harder it became to breathe, my knees giving out beneath me, unable to fight my way out. I couldn't remember how I'd gotten here, contained in a box, with dozens of crates surrounding me. In fact, I couldn't remember anything.

The crate came to a halt, the bright sun revealing as the doors opened. When my eyes adjusted to the light, they were met with a crowd of boys, circling the top staring down at me. One of the boys jumped down, his lanky frame towering over my body and I quickly jumped up, backing away from him. The shaggy blonde haired boy's mouth fell open, his eyes widening in the slightest.

"You're a girl?"

"Yeah?" I questioned back, why's that a surprise?

Then he smiled, his lips forming into a thin curved lip, "well, welcome to the glade, greenie." He was quick to hold his hand out, posing no threat towards me.

"The glade?" He simply nodded at my question, turning to the group above and waving down.

"Everything will be explained, let's just get you out of here, yeah?" He assured me, beginning to assist himself out of the box and I hesitantly followed.

I felt a pair of hands wrap tightly around my wrists, pulling me out with ease. They let go the second my knee's touched the dewy grass, letting me catch myself with my hands. When I'd pulled myself together, forcing my aching body from the ground, I'd caught sight of the four walls surrounding me. We were stood in a field, hand made huts built at the center, a small forest at the opposite end and a singular opened gap between the walls. They were hundreds of feet high, not a way over them, yet I was intimidated by the opening, unable to bring myself to run towards it.

"This is the glade." The boy who'd come into the box spoke, his voice distinct from the whispers of the others, his accent now going noticed. "It'll be your home now." He sounded upset to tell me, a frown tempting to break through his soft smile.

I took a quick glance around, all boys, it didn't sit right, the way they'd looked at me like I was some alien made me uneasy. Everything about this place, and the unknowing of what it was made me feel uneasy. But I had nowhere to go, nowhere to run.

"You're all boys? And what— what is this place? Are we trap—"

"Slow down, greenie, your questions will be answered." I was quick to spin around, meeting with the stern vouce of one of the boys. He was taller than most of the others, with a strong build, only worsening my intimidations. "Woah, you look—" his arched brows furrowed, leaning slightly closer to me as if he were studying my face.