𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

[unedited]

White walls

White walls. IV's poking from veins. A cold draft. Everything ached. An uncomfortable room, dull of color, nothing but the sound of the heart monitor beeping obnoxiously beside her.

Asa overwhelmed as she woke from her medically induced sleep, no memory of how she'd gotten to the hospital like room. Her memories of before the Maze, they were taunting.

Something recognizable about the place she was now, but it was faint. In the corner of the room, sat a chair, the bloodied and dirt covered clothes she'd warn now washed and folded. Her bag was gone though, every item she truly cared about out of sight.

She looked to the IV poking from her hand, carefully removing it. The door swung open, the nurse humming softly as he walked into the room. Asa quickly hid her hand and the IV beneath the blanket. He froze as he saw the girl awake, her eyes wide as she stared at him blankly.

"You're awake." He sounded surprised, glancing back into the hall. She didn't say anything, mouth clamped shut as she bit into her cheeks. "How are you feeling? We gave you a sedative and—and an antidote to the poison." Asa tried to move back as he stepped forward, her body weak from the sedative.

"Where am I? Where's Minho?" She asked, throat aching with each word.

"You're safe. So is Minho, he's with the others."

"Are they okay? Did they.." her eyes welled with tears, unable to finish her own question. They weren't all okay.

"They're okay, you will see them soon. You should rest, you've been through a lot of trauma these last few days." The nurse said, she didn't believe him though. Not that they weren't okay, that she'd see them. It felt off, this place, wherever it was, whoever ran it. She'd been there before.

"Yeah, I'll do that." She smiled fakely and he smiled back, turning towards the door. When it closed, the sound of a lock from outside could be heard. He locked her in.

Asa didn't wait another second after hearing his footsteps distance before sitting up. She forced herself from the bed, feet dangling momentarily as she regained herself. Her eyes wandered the room, nothing but the chair, an empty stand and a bathroom. She got up hazily, taking her clothes from the chair and throwing her gown off.

When she was comfortable in the attire she'd grown accustomed to, she went into the bathroom. It was small and far too clean for her liking. She looked for anything to pick the lock, but any sharp object had been nonexistent.

She caught sight of her reflection in the mirror, nearly unrecognizable to herself. Cuts carved into her cheeks, scabbed over and hiding her freckles. Her hair had grown more than she'd realized, stopping just above her chest. She looked lost, the smile she'd rarely been without now incapable of forming.