𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

[unedited]

"What the hell was that?" Asa asked, walking into the room where the two other Medjacks and Teresa where watching over Alby

"What the hell was that?" Asa asked, walking into the room where the two other Medjacks and Teresa where watching over Alby. The Maze echoed with loud crashes, Thomas and Minho having gone inside hours prior.

"I don't know.. we'll go see, you two watch over him, alright?" Clint said, getting up from his seat, Jeff taking no time to run out to see what had happened. "If anything goes wrong, there's a knife tucked under the—"

"The window, I know. I won't need it." Asa assured him and he nodded, leaving the room quickly and Asa took his seat. She smiled to Teresa, who stared questionably to her.

"Three months with nothing but boys?" Teresa asked, Asa nodded, smiling softly as she pushed open the window. "How'd you do it?"

"It was hard sometimes, but they're like.." Asa's attention drifted out the window, caught by the crowd outside the walls. "They grew on me." She gave a half smile, though she was beginning to worry about what was happening inside the Maze.

"I think he's waking up." Teresa whispered out, Alby beginning to stir from his sleep.

"Alby?" Asa questioned, waiting for his eyes to open before moving closer. He sat up, barely looking to Asa and moved to sit at the edge of the bed. "Alby, you alright—" her hand placed on his shoulder, Alby tensing at the touch and rolling his shoulder forward from her grasp.

"Don't—don't touch me." His voice was hoarse, but he didn't look at her.

"Teresa, go get the others." Asa said, backing away from Alby, his back turned to her. "How are you feeling?" Asa asked quietly as Teresa rushed out of the room. Alby stayed silent, ignoring her question as his head fell to his hands.

They sat in silence, waiting for the others to come in, Asa curious on his closed off demeanor. Alby was normally happy to speak to her, even if she'd done something wrong. But now he was different, scared and lost in his flooding memories.

"Has he said anything?" Asa frowned at them as they walked in, shaking her head at Minho's question.

Newt was slow as he walked over to him, "Alby." Newt spoke softly, but Alby didn't budge. "Alby, you alright?" Newt questioned, still not earning a response.

Thomas walked over, crouching in front of him, "hey, Alby.." nothing. "Alby, we might've just found a way out of the Maze." Thomas said, Asa sat up, this being news to her and she looked to Minho for confirmation but his attention was set on Alby. "Do you hear me? We could be getting out of here."

Alby's head shook in the slightest, "we can't." His words choked, holding back tears. "We can't leave.. they wont let us." His voice was barely audible, but they all heard it.

"What are you talking about?" Thomas asked, looking to each of them with a face of confusion.

"I remember." They all grew nervous, side glances of fear to one another.