𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

[unedited]

The drive to the mountains was quiet, Asa squished in the backseat between Minho and Aris

The drive to the mountains was quiet, Asa squished in the backseat between Minho and Aris. She'd been using Minho's shoulder as a pillow, his arm securely around her as she attempted to sleep for the first time in days. Her brain hadn't stopped running since she'd woken up in the compound.

She hadn't had a chance to let herself rest. To mourn the loss of those closest to her. The well-loved necklace around her neck had been touched more times in the last four days than all the years she'd had it. And the sweater that kept her warm during the cold nights, teased her of his scent.

Clint and Jeff had somehow been the hardest for her. She refused to believe they'd been gone, that they weren't running after their every step. Even if she had watched them go.

"Asa?" She hadn't been able to fall asleep, though her eyes had been closed for hours. She was too afraid of the nightmares she'd have to watch.

"Hmm?"

"We've got to walk the rest of the way." Minho whispered, everyone esle already piling out of the truck. Minho got out first, Asa taking her time to get her bag as she tiredly climbed out after him.

The mountain road was aligned with abandoned cars, what looked to be bullet holes shot into nearly every one. Wherever they were, it surely was no safe haven. They were quiet as they walked, curious to the old cars.

Then, they found out where the bullet holes had come from.

"Get down!" Jorge yelled out, ducking behind a car.

Minho pulled Asa down with him, shoving her furthest from the line of sight. As they all hid behind the cars, the shooting stopped. Only echoes of the previous gun fire going through the canyon.

"That's one fucking thing to wake up to." Asa breathed out, her once sleep deprived self now wide awake with adrenaline. Which seemed to have been the only thing keeping her awake.

"Is everyone okay out there?" Thomas called out, his voice echoing through the valley.

"We're fine!"

"Does anyone know where those bloody shots came from?" Newt shouted from beside Minho, there was no response.

Thomas peaked his head up from several cars ahead, seconds later, more shots fired towards him.

Asa clutched her bag, Minho's body covering her in preparation for any more shots fired. Her head pressed to his back, eyes squeezed shut. When will it end, she thought. She was tired of fearing ever corner, tired of it all.

"Everybody! Get set to run back to the truck! And cover your ears!" Jorge yelled out, Asa's head lifting in confusion as Minho moved his arm around her. "Ready? One, two.."