𝘵𝘸𝘰

[unedited]

The flames that ignited before me were bright enough to light up the crowd of boys around it, reflecting off each of their overly enthusiastic faces

The flames that ignited before me were bright enough to light up the crowd of boys around it, reflecting off each of their overly enthusiastic faces. I had made myself comfortable on one of the logs they had brought by the fire, keeping my knee out of harms way. I made an attempt earlier to walk around, resulting in Clint yelling at me and telling me to take a seat.

It sucked that it was my first day, and a bonfire dedicated to my arrival yet I could barely participate in the fun. Instead, I sat back watching Gally pick fights with several other gladers, who's names I had yet to remember.

Minho seemed to still be in disbelief that he'd been my brother, his attention constantly falling to me from across the fire. We hadn't told anyone of our discovery, other than Alby who had presumed we keep it a secret for the time being. Minho had asked how my knee was at least twenty times in the last hour, and offered me assistance around; clearly guilty for the incident. He'd also kept an eye on each boy who made a move near me, instinctively growing protective of the close proximity. Obviously, he couldn't keep me away from the boys forever, seeing as it was all I was surrounded by.

"Hey, greenie." My attention was brought from the flames, pulling me from my daze to see the tall, broody male in front of me. He was holding two jars filled with a yellow-ish liquid, which I noticed most of the boys had happily chugged down. "Never got to properly introduce myself, I'm Gally." Though I'd already known his name, I smiled to him in thanks.

"Wish I could introduce myself, but unfortunately some assholes took all my memories." I told him with a light hearted chuckle.

The corners of his mouth curved up momentarily and he glanced to the open seat beside me, "mind if I take a seat?" He asked, nodding to the log and I shook my head, patting the spot beside me. Gally sat down, his attention falling to the dirt and he fell silent, seeming to be at loss for words.

"What's that?" I asked, pointing to the glass in his hands and he grinned widely.

"My special recipe." Gally answered quickly, a wink being sent towards me as he offered one of the glasses. "I'd advise to swallow fast and try not to focus on the taste, it's pretty vile." He warned me, I took the jar in my hands, tempted to smell it but feared it would only make it worse going down.

"What'd you do, make your own alcohol?" I question, staring at the jar with hesitation.

"Sure did." He watched me carefully as I brought it to my lips, opening my throat to do what he said; don't focus on the taste. I took a big gulp, nearly gagging as it hit my throat but it went down, burning along the way.

"God, thats awful." I groaned, wiping my mouth of the substance and he laughed.

"I'm actually impressed that you swallowed it, most of these shanks spit it out on their first try." Gally informed me, his smile not once disappearing, much different from the stern looks he'd given the rest of the day.