𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦

[unedited]

The city had been restricted, to immunes and people who were useful in Wicked's eyes

The city had been restricted, to immunes and people who were useful in Wicked's eyes. It was obvious, by the looks of the helpless people that crowded outside the walls, hoping that one day they would be accepted in. They were angry and scared, a mixture that was bound for chaos.

Asa hadn't let go of Fry's hand since they arrived, fearing she would lose him in the crowd. Not that he'd let her go even if she'd wanted. Every few seconds Fry would look back, checking to see if it still been her hand she was holding.

"Hows your knee?" He asked, shoving his way through the people, following their friends closely.

"The brace helps." She answered, her limp was there and so was the pain but she could walk. That was good enough for her.

He nodded, walking a bit faster through the crowd. A man was stood on a truck, a megaphone speak out as he riled them up into a riot.

"Curtis, if shit gets bad you get her out of here." Fry said over the loud voice, letting Curtis take her other hand. She wasn't going to argue it, she knew she was no good in those situations. Likely never would be again.

Asa was stuck, her hand tight in Curtis' as they waited to move. Her eyes landed on the truck moving slow through the crowd. Several men in masks sat on top. She didn't know if it was her paranoia or if one of the men had been staring directly at her.

"Let us in! Let us in!" Her focus was dragged away from the truck and into the crowd, feeling Curtis begin to walk, faster than they had before.

She had lost sight of Thomas, Fry now a ways in front of them. They were headed for the barricade, shoving through the crowd as if they'd have a better chance of getting in.

"This is pointless!" Asa yelled out, knowing there was no way of making it past the barricades.

"Tell that to him!" Curtis pointed out Thomas who had already pushed his way to the front.

She was envious. He'd had more hope than she ever could. His will would drive him mad though, and she was scared for that. He dedicated his life to saving one person, her brother. She knew she should have that hope, but she had lost it.

The small bit she had left being the only thing keeping her chasing after Thomas.

"Hey, guys!" Newt yelled out, catching their attention. "We gotta go now!" They all stared at him, "look!" He pointed to the top of the walls, guns positioning towards them, ready to fire.

Just as they moved back, the guns fired, the group running back towards where they'd come from. Gaurds now stopping them from going anywhere else. The men from the trucks stood with their masks, practically waiting for them.

"What the hell do we do now?" Asa questioned, backing away from the men in masks.

Her hand slipped from Curtis' and she felt arms wrap around her. They were much stronger than her, though at that moment it didn't take much. His arms tightened around her body, dragging her from her friends as they were grabbed as well.