𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

[unedited]

I wouldn't say I'd been avoiding Gally for the last three days, more so, attempting to

I wouldn't say I'd been avoiding Gally for the last three days, more so, attempting to. Each corner I turned, he'd seem to be there, always on the verge of saying something but never actually saying it. But I hadn't said anything either, to anyone. When I'd been working, the only place I truly could hide away from him, Clint would find a way for me to leave—like he knew I didn't want to.

Gally hadn't come up to me, he had kept his eyes on me, but never actually made a move. It sucked, to say the least. The person I seemed to be the closest with, was now the one I'd been hiding from.

And by hiding, I mean, I was quite literally hiding behind Frypan's food table pretending that all I wanted was a snack. "Asa, seriously, get up." Fry said, kicking my side as I glared up at him, a mouth full of chips. "Are you stress eating? Oh wait, are you on your—"

"Fry, shut up and pretend I'm not here." I retorted, he rolled his eyes, but went back to serving lunch anyway. I sat back against the table, keeping the bowl of chips in my hand, I really was hungry. But when I'd come to get my food, Gally happened to make his way over as well.

"He's gone, y'know." Fry said, disappointment scattered over his face as I looked up at him.

"Who?"

"Gally." He retorted, giving me an 'are you serious' glare, as I played dumb. "And don't say that's not who you're hiding from, because I know it is. You're not very discreet." Fry stated, holding out a hand for me to pull myself up, I peaked over the table, double checking if he'd really been gone before standing.

"So, you going to tell me why you two went from being up each other's asses to not speaking a word in days?" Fry asked, taking a bowl and filling it for me.

"Thought he would've told you." I mumbled, taking the bowl in my hands and walking around the table.

"No, every time I ask he gets all spazzy and suddenly has so much work to do." I frowned at his response, stabbing my fork into the food with frustration. "Did you reject him?" Fry asked and my eyes widened, quite the opposite actually.

"No, Fry, it really doesn't matter."

"Clearly it does, so whatever it is that happened, you need to talk it out. I don't like seeing you two like this." He told me, his eyes bouncing from me to behind me as he spoke. "Talk to him, or I won't make you anymore extra cookies." He was good.

I slowly nodded, taking a step back from the table and turning from him. Gally had been the person he was looking at, he was sat at one of the benches, eating in silence as the boys around him chatted up a storm. He caught my eyes for a brief moment, which I gave him a forced smile in return.

His eyes were hopeful, glancing from me to the empty seat beside him but I kept walking. Gally was still watching as I made my way to the Deadheads, a singular destination in mind. Maybe he'd follow. If he had, I wouldn't fight it, Fry was right—we needed to talk about it.