𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

[unedited]

According to Newt's calendar, I had been in the glade for twelve days

According to Newt's calendar, I had been in the glade for twelve days. In those days, I'd managed to land myself a position as a Med-jack, heal from my injury (mostly), befriend several of the Gladers and even grow to dislike one of them. Few of the boys kept their distance from me, either distrusting or too nervous to speak to me. From my short time here, I felt as welcome as I could.

My time that I hadn't spent working, I'd spend wandering the Glade. Often, I was with Minho, or watching Newt work—sometimes I'd catch myself paying too much attention to the builders. It took a few days for Gally to finish my room, which mostly consisted of him yelling at me to 'stop hovering' and me taking my boredom out on him.

I undoubtedly would consider Gally a friend, though if anyone were to ask him, he'd play it off as if he couldn't stand me. Which, I was fine with since annoying him had become a hobby of mine.

"You're like a bug that wont stop buzzing in my ear." Gally muttered, taking long strides in attempt to get away from me. I kept up with his fast pace, ignoring the little pain in my leg as I followed him through the glade. "I hope you fall." He said, his attention placed ahead of us and I could a small smirk tugging at his lips.

"So you can catch me? How chivalrous of you." I grinned, pretending to fall into his arms. Gally pushed me away, but kept hold of my forearm, letting me regain my balance.

"Would you go annoy someone else?" Gally groaned, pick up a shovel and pointing it towards me in a threatening manner. I shook my head, stepping closer to the sharp edge. "Are you sure your name isn't ass?" How original, I laughed, rolling my eyes and stepped back from the shovel.

"Next time you hurt yourself and need someone to bandage you up, I'll make Jeff do it." I told him, crossing my arms over my chest with a snarky, thin lined smile.

"I can easily tear down that room of yours." Gally retorted, lowering the shovel and turning from my to continue walking towards the tree line.

"I'm sure Henry will gladly rebuild it for me." I sang, following him once again. Henry was one of the builders, who I'd noticed couldn't keep his eyes off of me. Most of the guys couldn't though, hormonal boys and a singular girl—it wasn't rocket science. It had its perks though, I could get practically anything from them without batting an eye.

"No, he won't." Gally muttered, his jaw clenching as he spoke.

"And if he does?" I knew I was getting on his nerves at this point, I couldn't help but be entertained by his frustrations.

"Newt! Get her away from me before she's in the Deadheads!" Gally yelled out, drawing the attention of several others and Newt to where we were.

"Sorry, mate, she spent the entire morning reciting poetry to me." Newt responded as he sat beside the garden, his canteen in hand.